• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S30670 slows down while printing

Felix Sepulveda

Hi, I have had a Surecolor S30670 for two years. It has been working quite good during this time. I print mainly canvas and vinyl on it. It has a couple of months that if a file is over 100" long or after sending two or three prints in a row it begins to slow down progressively. This comes to a point that I have to cancel the job, turn the machine off for a while and begin printing again (this resets the condition and it can print normally for a while again). I have changed the computer it is connected three times (USB) and actually it is running in a machine with 12 GB of RAM. Even if I cancel a job, after it slows down, the whole operation of the printer slows downs (it takes forever to get rid of the job, and I usually have to turn it off and on). Any ideas ? I have not tried connecting it via the network yet and see if this behavior continues. Help is welcome !!!!

Felix Sepulveda

Thanks, I think it is nor the preferences....maybe the mainboard. I already call local Epson. They are sending a person. Thanks again. Are you satisfied with the performance of the printer in long runs ?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have two S60670 series printers running over a fast network and have zero speed issues; they fly. We print LARGE files all day; but we also have dual SSD drives, mega RAM, etc in our RIP computers.

ProColorGraphics

I'm running my S70 over a network and mine is fast too. I am running through Caldera, but it is running on a old design computer. So it has 32 gigs of ram, SSD hard drive, etc.

ProColorGraphics

what about the prints looking "grainy"? also how do I get double density white without double striking the top color on clear

Thanks!

I guess my prints don't look grainy, so not sure what to tell you there.

For the white, if I need it denser, I either have to tell it to do two layers to tell it to do a double pass. Just make sure if you do a double pass, that you turn on the interpass delay.

Felix Sepulveda

Going back to the printer being slow, we reinstaled the software (Onix and printer drivers) and the printer is back to its normal behavior. Looks like it was related to software corruption. Thanks all of you !!!

mdjamesd

As far as your prints looking grainy, that's going to be more a feature of Onyx. We used to use Wasatch, and when we switched to Onyx11, I noticed the noise in the prints, especially when printing solid colors. As far as the speed of printing, when we ran our S30's on USB, we had the same issue. Since we switched to ethernet, no issues.