Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S30670 surecolor

Discussion in 'Epson' started by danger, Jan 11, 2013.

1. danger

danger Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Anyone have one ? I'm not happy with my re and this is what I'm thinking of going with

Tags:
  2. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
    We have purchased one for use in our Miami location but I still do not have an ETA on its arrival.

3. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Epson

I hear they will ship next month. Let me know if you need a competitive quote.

4. danger

danger Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Every dealer I've spoken with except one had them in stock

5. fozzie

fozzie Member

Aug 26, 2012
    illinois
    Have had the 30670 for 2 months. Happy with it. Still have option with my vendor to upgrade to 50670 or 70670 when they are released. Not sure if I need to.
    The quality of the 30670 is superb so not sure the 10 color is worth it for our clients. The speed is pretty much what Epson says it is. We have other printers for long banner runs so not sure we need the speed of the 50670.
    Have had two service calls. First was for ink dropping off heads and second for bad alignment of the heavy duty takeup (recommend that option).
    Strengths:
    Superb quality
    Ease of operation
    Little maintenance
    Once you get dialed in profiles and media feeds, it goes
    Epson support has been great. Next day tech is on site with parts
    Weaknesses
    If any, when running at high speed, we use some BBC radiant dryers as the inks can still be slightly tacky (even with the big front dryer)

In short, was between this and a hp latex for our needs. Very satisfied so far.

6. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    Been running a 30670 for a little over a month now...very happy. Print Quality rivals our latex printer, and the Epson will be done printing it before the latex is even close to warmed-up.

7. Philly

Philly New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    We have been running one for a few months. Now that Epson had done the upgrades it is running great.....incredible quality and speed. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like a quote.

8. wunder

wunder Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Germany/NRW
    I think this time the best choice !!!.......... Any time much much better as a HP LATEX !!!

best regards
    wunder

9. Graphix Guru

Graphix Guru New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Galena, OH
    I've had ours for a little more than a month & it prints like a champ! What upgrades from Epson were done to your Surecolor? Were you having issues before these upgrades?

10. paulica

paulica New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Sorry to drop in. It seems I have the same issue as you have. Ink droping and bad allignment. Regarding the ink dropping what was your issue, ?

Looking forward to your response.