• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help S40600 1A39 Error after power outage

Kelcy Deeds

Hey guys, so yesterday I had a power outage while printing and now whenever I start a print it gets about 1 minute into the print and then gives me this error. I've tried it many times and it seems random. Sometimes it gets 5 minutes into the print and other times it stops immediately when I start the print

Attachments

• IMG_20200930_092841.jpg
    IMG_20200930_092841.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,518

netsol

you hopefully blew a power supply source, as opposed to damaging the main circuit board.
i really don't know if someone on the photographic printing forums can steer you to the equivalent of kent from mac media

i am unaware of anyone in our neck of the woods who fixes epsons (i only do my own, i really bumble with the epsons)

IF IT WERE ME

i would go to someone who sells epsons on ebay, for instance:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Epson...801082?hash=item3da61b21fa:g:LwMAAOSwby5e-gN6

and go to "ask seller a question" & request a referral

i have done this many times and found quite a few good leads for this kind of repair.

you have to balance the cost of factory service for this type of repair, against the cost of lost business. i often save a fair amount but factory service will undoubtedly be quicker

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
See attached. I can't help you any further than this as Epson doesn't give board layouts or schematics. I would suggest you look for any fuses on the mainboard and test them. Good luck!

Attachments

• 1A39 error code.pdf
    279.4 KB · Views: 570

neutrinocv

Hey guys, so yesterday I had a power outage while printing and now whenever I start a print it gets about 1 minute into the print and then gives me this error. I've tried it many times and it seems random. Sometimes it gets 5 minutes into the print and other times it stops immediately when I start the print
You may have done this but just in case... Did you fully reboot your printer with no usb/ethernet connected and same with the rip ? Often, rebooting clears caches from corruption.

neutrinocv

You may have done this but just in case... Did you fully reboot your printer with no usb/ethernet connected and same with the rip ? Often, rebooting clears caches from corruption.
Another thing that may sound silly but was the problem for me once... Check the sleepmode of your computer driving the printer; when mine (Win 10 with Onyx 12) fell asleep , the printer would cancel the print (although this may not be the message error you are getting...). Since I set the sleepmode to NEVER; the problem never came back.

netsol

the best thing ANY OF US can do, is go on ebay and buy a commercial surge protector, the type that comes as part of the install when you lease a copier.
ricoh, for example, will not cover a copier that is not protected by one of these (see picture) they are generally ~ $50. on ebay ($200 new)

i try my best to protect all my equipment. as our country's energy policies get more wrong-headed you will have more power outages. add to that lightning storms, static discharge from walking across carpeting. these devices also protect the network interface (RJ45)

better to spend $50 now, than end up on the hook for $2000 plus the down time or increased costs of using a wholesale printer

recently, we had a hurricane come through new jersey, i was not in the office that day, but i called in and had someone unplug all the major pieces of equipment.
he missed one of my rolands (we are repairing the system board) and the 2 week old Keurig (bought a new one).

these are great for the wide format stuff as well as your color laser and laminators

netsol

the best thing ANY OF US can do, is go on ebay and buy a commercial surge protector, the type that comes as part of the install when you lease a copier.
ricoh, for example, will not cover a copier that is not protected by one of these (see picture) they are generally ~ $50. on ebay ($200 new)

i try my best to protect all my equipment. as our country's energy policies get more wrong-headed you will have more power outages. add to that lightning storms, static discharge from walking across carpeting. these devices also protect the network interface (RJ45)

better to spend $50 now, than end up on the hook for $2000 plus the down time or increased costs of using a wholesale printer

recently, we had a hurricane come through new jersey, i was not in the office that day, but i called in and had someone unplug all the major pieces of equipment.
he missed one of my rolands (we are repairing the system board) and the 2 week old Keurig (bought a new one).

these are great for the wide format stuff as well as your color laser and laminators

OOPs, i went on so long i forgot the picture

Attachments

• 1001201137_Burst01_resized.jpg
    1001201137_Burst01_resized.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 346

neutrinocv

Question on the same topic... Does anybody know if putting a UPS on a S40600 would work ? Not to run all day of couse but long enough to finish a print if the power goes out mid-print ? I already have a UPS on the rip computer, FYI. Would the switching (from shore to battery) still interrupt the print ?

netsol

i don't think i would. i lecture everyone else about this, but i took one or my BIG APC smart ups's and hooked up one of my rolands to it, thinking i would protect it
i could hear the power supply SQUEAL, like it was being tortured. when the line power went out

that is why i try to steer everyone to a good commercial surge protector. the most frightening thing is when you put an oscilloscope on the ac output, and watch the transition when power goes off and you switch to the ups backup power.

so, short answer is, i wouldn't, unless you spend the money on an online double conversion system (the sort of thing a hospital uses)
with this system, it converts line voltage to dc, then runs an inverter constantly, so there is no changeover when the power goes out (simplifying a
complex topic for brevity)

Kelcy Deeds

Hey, yes, i had assumed it would be something along the lines of a power supply unit or something. Now im getting the error "Plug in #2 Power Cord" when i try to turn on the printer. I've also always done my own servicing due to living in Belize so i'm trying to pull out the second power supply now. i pulled out the one and i noticed there was a fuse on it so i took it to my local electrical guy who does circuit board work and he said the fuse was fine and the rest of the board looked good. gunna try to pull the second one out but its so dang hard to get to. Thanks for your, help, will keep you posted

Case

It's the printhead... Most of the time on these models of Epson it is the printhead and not the mainboard....

Case

That is a print head error, very rarely can be a main board, I am an Epson tech and can get parts. That head is around $1900, not terribly hard to replace although there is are some parameters printed on the print head that is to be input from an adjustment program that is available on Ebay. Make sure to unplug the printer and hit the power button a few times to release any left over voltage before working on these printers