• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 disconnects mid print

Tatonka

Our S80600 has been having an issue disconnecting shortly after I hit Print Now in Onyx 18. It'll print an inch or so, then freeze up. Everything looks like it's working, Onyx thinks it's still printing, the printer doesn't throw an error or anything, the printer just isn't printing anymore. Epson Control Dashboard disconnects when this happens, so I assumed it was a network issue. We replaced most of the network hardware between the printer and the router, and that didn't fix it. The printers' IP address is also dedicated in our system, so nothing should be trying to take over that address.

I've tried letting the printer sit for a while to see if it reconnects and starts printing again, but it never has. The only way to get it working again is to cancel the job on the printer, then restart the printer.

Anyone else had this issue, or have any ideas on how I can fix it?

Chasez

I would try hooking directly up using the supplied USB. If you still have the issue you can narrow it down to the printer itself, if you don't get the issue again it's not the printer but somewhere in the network.

Chaz

Tatonka

I would try hooking directly up using the supplied USB. If you still have the issue you can narrow it down to the printer itself, if you don't get the issue again it's not the printer but somewhere in the network.

Chaz

I didn't even notice a USB connection to be honest, I'll give that a shot and see if it fixes it. It's frustrating because I can't recreate the issue on demand, it seems to happen about once a day completely at random.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have had some issues with our 60600 just stopping printing randomly that sound kind of similar.
Everything hardware-wise here seems to be ok also, can't figure it out either, but it only happens a time or so a week.

Chasez

I didn't even notice a USB connection to be honest, I'll give that a shot and see if it fixes it. It's frustrating because I can't recreate the issue on demand, it seems to happen about once a day completely at random.

That would be the first thing tech support would have you do. If that narrows it down to the network then I would start with a different run of cable if you can, if you change out the cable and its fine, check the terminations at the wall plates(if the cables are run through walls). After that I would check your networking equipment (IE. any network switches, routers, etc.), if you can, you could always watch the network traffic using wireshark but that might eat up a TON of time watching the entire time a job is printing especially if it only happens randomly. From what I've gotten from our techs is that printer manufacturers like to have the shortest run of cable as possible and be directly connected to the computer (someone can correct me if I'm wrong with this).

One other thing to maybe look at the pc logs to see if it drops from the network for a second or two which could cause the disconnect as well.

Hope this can get you in the right direction.

Chaz

pinkiss

+1 on wireshark , once you rule out connecting directly and if its network related wireshark can give ton of information, plus even thou it seems like a mess watching it, but if you can see which packets ports being used you can set to filter only those.

Check cabling as suggested any twisted worn should be replaced, not sure of what model router is but if its advanced one you could always check logs on it if its enabled.

Another handy one to rule out if your computer or NIC is acting out is to open even viewer, press windows key and type in text in bold, and look at all the logs that have critical on them and time stamps, logs are isolated to your computer but if any software hardware clashes you would see it there.

SignsByRonnie

Our S80600 has been having an issue disconnecting shortly after I hit Print Now in Onyx 18. It'll print an inch or so, then freeze up. Everything looks like it's working, Onyx thinks it's still printing, the printer doesn't throw an error or anything, the printer just isn't printing anymore. Epson Control Dashboard disconnects when this happens, so I assumed it was a network issue. We replaced most of the network hardware between the printer and the router, and that didn't fix it. The printers' IP address is also dedicated in our system, so nothing should be trying to take over that address.

I've tried letting the printer sit for a while to see if it reconnects and starts printing again, but it never has. The only way to get it working again is to cancel the job on the printer, then restart the printer.

Anyone else had this issue, or have any ideas on how I can fix it?

I recently purchased the same printer back in September and have also had the same issue about 1-2 times a week. It will print about 2'' and freeze up randomly. Restart Onyx Postershop 18 and print again with no issues. It's aggravating, but at least it does it in the beginning and not in the middle of a long print... I would be happy to find the fix for this issue too.

Rodan68

Used to have similar problem on a Seiko Colorpainter using Onxy 10. I switch out the 20' USB supplied cable with a 6' USB cable and never had the problem again.

Tatonka

I recently purchased the same printer back in September and have also had the same issue about 1-2 times a week. It will print about 2'' and freeze up randomly. Restart Onyx Postershop 18 and print again with no issues. It's aggravating, but at least it does it in the beginning and not in the middle of a long print... I would be happy to find the fix for this issue too.

Glad to know it's not just me!

Used to have similar problem on a Seiko Colorpainter using Onxy 10. I switch out the 20' USB supplied cable with a 6' USB cable and never had the problem again.

I tried connecting direct to USB, but couldn't get my computer to even recognize the printer. That was a couple months ago, haven't had the time to try again recently.