Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S80600 or HP 365L for a wallpaper mural startup

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lora, Jun 18, 2020.

1. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    HP Applications Center is a component of PrintOS, and today it consists of 18 separate cloud-based modules, across four application disciplines:
    • Wallart Suite (6 decor-focused modules)
    • Signage Suite (10 display-focused modules)
    • Retail Suite (custom gift wrap)
    • Premium Apps (face masks)
    Many of these have 3D rendering capabilities to enhance presentation and help drive sales (see attached screen grab).

These are all available for use at no cost to users & customers of most HP large-format printers - free availability is not limited to a 12-month (or any) term.

Attached Files:

2. lora

lora Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Hallandale Beach
    Thank you.
    Does Epson have the same kind of module?

3. lora

lora Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Hallandale Beach
    How was the scratch resistance? Did you laminate it?

4. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Of course we laminated everything off the 60600 and most permanent jobs off the 360s.
    The only printer I'd be confident supplying unlaminated for long term would be the Colorado.

5. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

No matter which printer you choose, I would seriously look into a UV liquid laminator for protection during installation as well as long term abrasion resistance. The wallpaper in a hallway will have to stand up to daily minor abrasions as well as the occasional spot cleaning with who knows what cleaning agents.

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    We primarily do wraps and wall/window murals with our Epsons. We primarily print on 3M self-adhesive vinyls.

7. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Also, FWIW, no matter which you choose, GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY and keep it active as long as possible. Both companies have OUTSTANDING tech support as long as the printer is warranted, but as soon as it is out of warranty both really fall off on response time and it gets expensive quick.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lora

lora Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Hallandale Beach
    Thank you. I will keep this in mind.

9. lora

lora Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Hallandale Beach
    So, I was debating between Epson and HP, and I got a pretty nice offer from Canon for Colorado 1640. What is your opinion on this model?
    Thank you

10. a77

a77 Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Canada
    Hi Jester do you have a liquid lam? I think the Epson inks are pretty fragile... whereas the latex are pretty tough. Liquid lam would definitely be a good way to solve the issue with the Epson.

11. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    We have the 1640 and it’s inks are great, great gamut, tremendous scratch resistance and the speeds are insane! BUT the inks are shiny. Very shiny. Even on Matt papers. I wouldn’t touch wallpaper with it.

The 1650 on the other hand has the choice between Matt or gloss print modes. You really need matt for your wallpaper. Even get a printed sample from canon or go check the 1650 and 1640 out at a showroom (if any are open). The 1650 would definitely be worth the extra money for your application.

12. lora

lora Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Hallandale Beach
    Good catch, it somehow slipped through my attention. Thank you

13. Hazzmatte

Hazzmatte New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Pa
    More like 70k installed - great machine but over priced by far.

14. Hazzmatte

Hazzmatte New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Pa
    I agree with this. We also laminate epson s80 and hp latex for long term out door durability. But the Colorado prints are indestructible

15. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Without showing you something that would totally CRUSH any other printer for the specific market, I will tell you the the HP Latex is without a doubt the best machine for that segment for you. BUT just so you know, I am actively placing these machines, and anyone who finds the output will take their business away from you. Check this stuff out!!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/interiordesignprinttechnology/

16. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
  18. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I recently moved into a larger shop and I have an HP 315. I printed on Arlon 4200 matte finish and Arlon 4200 canvas finish. Its a great wall paper

19. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    Regarding "no matter what printer you choose" I found this:
    "...unfortunately HP have introduced a wax into the 4th generation ink, which makes top-coating almost impossible for any water-based topcoat (liquid laminates)..."
    Link to source: https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/...uid-laminate-not-adhering-to-latex-335-prints