• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 or HP 365L for a wallpaper mural startup

HP Applications Center is a component of PrintOS, and today it consists of 18 separate cloud-based modules, across four application disciplines:
  • Wallart Suite (6 decor-focused modules)
  • Signage Suite (10 display-focused modules)
  • Retail Suite (custom gift wrap)
  • Premium Apps (face masks)
Many of these have 3D rendering capabilities to enhance presentation and help drive sales (see attached screen grab).

These are all available for use at no cost to users & customers of most HP large-format printers - free availability is not limited to a 12-month (or any) term.

Attachments

• Sweatshirt.JPG
    Sweatshirt.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 152

Bly

How was the scratch resistance? Did you laminate it?

Of course we laminated everything off the 60600 and most permanent jobs off the 360s.
The only printer I'd be confident supplying unlaminated for long term would be the Colorado.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
No matter which printer you choose, I would seriously look into a UV liquid laminator for protection during installation as well as long term abrasion resistance. The wallpaper in a hallway will have to stand up to daily minor abrasions as well as the occasional spot cleaning with who knows what cleaning agents.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Also, FWIW, no matter which you choose, GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY and keep it active as long as possible. Both companies have OUTSTANDING tech support as long as the printer is warranted, but as soon as it is out of warranty both really fall off on response time and it gets expensive quick.

lora

Also, FWIW, no matter which you choose, GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY and keep it active as long as possible. Both companies have OUTSTANDING tech support as long as the printer is warranted, but as soon as it is out of warranty both really fall off on response time and it gets expensive quick.
Thank you. I will keep this in mind.

lora

So, I was debating between Epson and HP, and I got a pretty nice offer from Canon for Colorado 1640. What is your opinion on this model?
Thank you

a77

No matter which printer you choose, I would seriously look into a UV liquid laminator for protection during installation as well as long term abrasion resistance. The wallpaper in a hallway will have to stand up to daily minor abrasions as well as the occasional spot cleaning with who knows what cleaning agents.

Hi Jester do you have a liquid lam? I think the Epson inks are pretty fragile... whereas the latex are pretty tough. Liquid lam would definitely be a good way to solve the issue with the Epson.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So, I was debating between Epson and HP, and I got a pretty nice offer from Canon for Colorado 1640. What is your opinion on this model?
Thank you

We have the 1640 and it’s inks are great, great gamut, tremendous scratch resistance and the speeds are insane! BUT the inks are shiny. Very shiny. Even on Matt papers. I wouldn’t touch wallpaper with it.

The 1650 on the other hand has the choice between Matt or gloss print modes. You really need matt for your wallpaper. Even get a printed sample from canon or go check the 1650 and 1640 out at a showroom (if any are open). The 1650 would definitely be worth the extra money for your application.

lora

We have the 1640 and it’s inks are great, great gamut, tremendous scratch resistance and the speeds are insane! BUT the inks are shiny. Very shiny. Even on Matt papers. I wouldn’t touch wallpaper with it.

The 1650 on the other hand has the choice between Matt or gloss print modes. You really need matt for your wallpaper. Even get a printed sample from canon or go check the 1650 and 1640 out at a showroom (if any are open). The 1650 would definitely be worth the extra money for your application.
Good catch, it somehow slipped through my attention. Thank you

Hazzmatte

Yes, color consistency is another issue of HP printers as far as I've heard from different people.
I've been talking to Canon guys about the new Colorado 1650 model with UVgel technology. They claim it to be the best solution for wallpaper mural application, but it is pricey, around $55K ball park.
So I still in doubts between S80600 and HP560.
More like 70k installed - great machine but over priced by far.

Hazzmatte

Of course we laminated everything off the 60600 and most permanent jobs off the 360s.
The only printer I'd be confident supplying unlaminated for long term would be the Colorado.
I agree with this. We also laminate epson s80 and hp latex for long term out door durability. But the Colorado prints are indestructible

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello everybody,
I am about to jump into a wallpaper murals printing manufacturing. And my biggest concern as of right now is which printer should I go with? I am debating between Epson S80600, HP 365L Latex and Roland VF2-640. Can you please share your own experience with those printer companies.
Also, what source you guys use for high quality pictures for mural designs?
Thank you in advance.

Without showing you something that would totally CRUSH any other printer for the specific market, I will tell you the the HP Latex is without a doubt the best machine for that segment for you. BUT just so you know, I am actively placing these machines, and anyone who finds the output will take their business away from you. Check this stuff out!!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/interiordesignprinttechnology/

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Hello everybody,
I am about to jump into a wallpaper murals printing manufacturing. And my biggest concern as of right now is which printer should I go with? I am debating between Epson S80600, HP 365L Latex and Roland VF2-640. Can you please share your own experience with those printer companies.
Also, what source you guys use for high quality pictures for mural designs?
Thank you in advance.
I recently moved into a larger shop and I have an HP 315. I printed on Arlon 4200 matte finish and Arlon 4200 canvas finish. Its a great wall paper

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.

Regarding "no matter what printer you choose" I found this:
"...unfortunately HP have introduced a wax into the 4th generation ink, which makes top-coating almost impossible for any water-based topcoat (liquid laminates)..."
Link to source: https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/...uid-laminate-not-adhering-to-latex-335-prints