• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 weird effect in white

Axs

Customer is printing reverse on clear, with a white layer on top. Colour portion of the print is perfectly fine, but the white is causing some extremely weird effects and I'm at a loss as to the cause. Test prints are fine, print head physically looks brand new. This is a new machine roughly 3 months old.

My initial though was potentially a static issue but I'm not sure. Just wondered if there were some pros out there that have encountered this.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 373

Axs

Yes sorry. This is supposed to be a full flood of white over the colored image.

The more we're looking into this, the more we think this could be a static issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My first thought is the ink hasn't been agitated in a while. Does the Surecolor agitate automatically or do you have to do it manually?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
My first thought is the ink hasn't been agitated in a while. Does the Surecolor agitate automatically or do you have to do it manually?

I don't believe the regular S80600 has white/metallic recirculation. Epson website seems to list it as a new feature on the CISS model (S80660L) though.

Tatonka

I don't believe the regular S80600 has white/metallic recirculation. Epson website seems to list it as a new feature on the CISS model (S80660L) though.

I'm pretty sure it recirculates the ink in the machine for all channels, but not what's in the cartridge. It prompts you daily to shake the White/Metallic cartridge if it's installed.

yannb

Customer is printing reverse on clear, with a white layer on top. Colour portion of the print is perfectly fine, but the white is causing some extremely weird effects and I'm at a loss as to the cause. Test prints are fine, print head physically looks brand new. This is a new machine roughly 3 months old.

My initial though was potentially a static issue but I'm not sure. Just wondered if there were some pros out there that have encountered this.

Does the problem start right away, or only after a few inches?

I know this does not solve your problem, but why do you print a layer of white on the back for a ton of money when you can laminate with white for next to nothing?

Is the ink original? I'd try the following to see if there is any changes in the following order:

-print slower
-crack up the heat
-try another media
-print in the early morning, print in the late evening (humidity thus static should be different)

jfiscus

Rap Master
Might be the settings, there are a lot of different options in our Onyx rip for printing "layered" inks.
Are you doing it as 1 head printing color and the 2nd head printing white? Maybe try changing the pass settings?

It doesn't look like it's putting out enough ink. Are both "images" set to overprint correctly at the correct opacities?

We haven't used our white ink forever, but I don't remember getting an issue like this.