Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S80600 weird effect in white

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Axs, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Axs

Axs New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Saskatoon
    Customer is printing reverse on clear, with a white layer on top. Colour portion of the print is perfectly fine, but the white is causing some extremely weird effects and I'm at a loss as to the cause. Test prints are fine, print head physically looks brand new. This is a new machine roughly 3 months old.

My initial though was potentially a static issue but I'm not sure. Just wondered if there were some pros out there that have encountered this.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Are you referring to the "White Waves" effect?

3. Axs

Axs New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Saskatoon
    Yes sorry. This is supposed to be a full flood of white over the colored image.

The more we're looking into this, the more we think this could be a static issue.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    My first thought is the ink hasn't been agitated in a while. Does the Surecolor agitate automatically or do you have to do it manually?

5. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    I don't believe the regular S80600 has white/metallic recirculation. Epson website seems to list it as a new feature on the CISS model (S80660L) though.

6. Marshal

Marshal Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Minnesota
    I'm pretty sure it recirculates the ink in the machine for all channels, but not what's in the cartridge. It prompts you daily to shake the White/Metallic cartridge if it's installed.