• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SaaS 2.0?

WildWestDesigns

Considering this is directly related to game development, I doubt most people here would have heard about it, unless in that area or are a gamer (which some are). Topic that has been heating up lately in that area with regard to what successful Unity users have to worry about and that is the new Unity Runtime "Tax". If "you" want to go down that rabbit hole, use your fav search engine and "enjoy". Now, it doesn't affect all Unity users, may not even affect the majority of ones, just those that really want to be successful and hopefully self sufficient.

I'm willing to bet that other companies are rubbing their hands together, doing a Dr Claw laugh and wondering how they can creatively use this for their own services. Especially looking forward to see where stock sites go from this. Or if anyone uses a platform for internal tooling (creating your own tooling using someone's platform/runtime etc), I could see having some effect here as well. Slightly different, but I could see it.

Now, of course, this could have been used to get something else through in the appearance of a "compromise", because Unity knew that this wouldn't have been well received, so I dunno. Given who the CEO is and how EA was handled back during that stewardship, anything possible.