• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sabre 408 motor not engaging

signman315

Signmaker
Hi folks! I have a Sabre 408 and the motor is not turning on. This happens about once or twice a year and typically it's the brushes/motor itself so we keep a couple extra in stock and replace as needed. Well this time it's not the motor, I've removed the motor and tested it in a regular outlet and it's 100% fine. Upon attempting to run a job you can hear a "click" at the time when the motor is supposed to engage. I opened it up and found 2 fuses, tested those and they seem to be fine. So wondering if anybody has any tips or helpful info, thanks ahead of time :)

signman315

Signmaker
Figured it out in case any others are having the same problem....there are relays in the bottom of the box and the smallest piece of dust/etc can get in there and interrupt the connection when the relay engages. Solution = clean it up real good, blow it out with air, tap on the relays quite a bit and it will dislodge the problematic particle....back up and running!