• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SafeNet USB Dongle Conflict

aeroin

Hello All,

I recently purchased FlexiSTARTER to run a vinyl express plotter and I installed it on a XP computer that also runs Gerber OMEGA 1.56... I know you typically aren't supposed to have the dongle attached while installing the drivers/software so I didn't put the Flexi USB dongle in until the software was installed. It worked fine, and still does, but now I can't start OMEGA. The computer keeps telling me "this system is not licensed for this version of omega"

As I dug into that issue, I discovered that the dongles for both programs are manufactured by the same company - SafeNet. Actually, the Omega dongle is a Rainbow SuperPro but Rainbow is SafeNet now.

I didn't think to remove the Omega dongle while installing Flexi - by now I'm wondering if I should have.

Anyway, SafeNet told me to make sure I had the latest version of the SafeNet driver (which I did - v7.5) and that the drivers are backwards compatable - so it should run the SuperPro just fine..

I did a lot of searching and researching on this site - I changed the power settings on my USB hubs not to shut off to save energy - as it stands, the newer Flexi software works fine but omega will not run at all

Any Ideas?

Drip Dry

After running omega 1.56 on an XP computer for more than 2 years, I started getting the message you have. It was intermittent at first , and then happened more and more. I went through all of the port settings. I was.. and still am convinced it was a bad dongle.
Gerber gave me the hard line that 1.56 would not run on XP ( even though it was clearly stamped on my disk that it would.)
There next answer was they don't support 1.56 anymore.
My only choice was to upgrade to 2.0

So, I don't have a solution for your problem, but I'm pretty sure your about to upgrade, weather you want to or not.

aeroin

Did you have the gerber dongle in when you installed the Flexi starter?

Yes, I did. Looking back, I feel kind of boneheaded over that, but I guess I never suspected that one program might mess with the other one. I guess I thought they'd be two totally unrelated pieces of hardware.

signage

I do not know if omega 1.56 had the setinel(sp) utility if so you may be able to fix it using it!

GB2

Old Member
Reinstall your Omega software. I had a similar issue with that Rainbow Sentinel Safenet that I still haven't resolved yet...I wish someone could do something different with that...that Safenet has given me more trouble than any other software I own.