• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Safety sign symbols

CanuckSigns

Does anyone know of a site where i can buy a nice collection of symbols and graphics for safety signs? We make quite a few safety signs and have always made due with what we have or created our own, but I think it's time we purchase a decent collection.

I've looked online and all i have found have been from australia, i'm not sure if the graphics would be the same standard as we use here, i also looked at ultimate symbol, but it doesn't really have much that we don't have already.

Does anyone know of somewhere I can buy a nice collection?

OldPaint

do you have a copy of COREL DRAW???? got a lot of the most used..........and if you need to since they are VECTOR you can change the wording if needed.

CanuckSigns

do you have a copy of COREL DRAW???? got a lot of the most used..........and if you need to since they are VECTOR you can change the wording if needed.

I do have coreldraw x5, yes it does have quite a few, but i'm looking for a more comprehensive collection, also, i'm not looking for the sign templates, those are easy enough, i'm looking more for the symbols (man slipping, safety glasses etc.)

El Mustachio

It sounds like what you want may be the ISO-3864 graphical symbols catalog. The ISO web store is a pain to navigate. Best thing to do is a google image search on "ISO-3864". It will probably only show you raster images but at least it should give you an idea if that's what you're after. We have to use those on the machinery we design and build here. The last time I paid for the standard it was about $300. There's more to it than just a clipart catalog, it's more about giving you the rules of how to come up with your own combinations of elements. Don't know if that helps or not but it may be worth a look.

OldPaint

i do have coreldraw x5, yes it does have quite a few, but i'm looking for a more comprehensive collection, also, i'm not looking for the sign templates, those are easy enough, i'm looking more for the symbols (man slipping, safety glasses etc.)
corel has most of the symbols....

CanuckSigns

corel has most of the symbols....

Key word here being...MOST, and actually that is stretching it a bit, they have some of the most common, but we have been asked to provide quite a few that corel does not have.

Thanks for the reccomendations everyone, i will look into them, the noun project looks cool, but it seems to be mostly standard symbols that designers have put a "twist" on, not really ANSI compliant.

Scott

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also of note- OSHA recently updated their 70 year old regulations to include the much newer ANSI Z575 Standards. The old red oval DANGER is done.... I learned a good bit about the current standards recently when we got an order for about 250 different assorted safety signs for a huge steel mill. If a standard graphic does not fit the need it is okay to create one for a particular use. The standard should remain the same though with the upper left triangle symbol in the correct color for the level of the notice, then the right notice text, then the graphic and detailed notice text on the bottom. Clarion (who makes signs) is one of the top authorities on safety sings. They have made quite a few very informative articles on the current regulations which are very good at explaining things as well as a nice catalog. Dig around in their learning center and whatnot. While they are a competitor of sorts they are also an excellent resource of very well put together information.

http://www.clarionsafety.com/OSHA-Signage-Update

The stuff from ANSI is also not free..... but you know what you will be producing will be absolutely compliant and meets the legal standards. For the big order we recently did they wanted to know for sure their new signage was all as current as possible and meets or exceeds all ANSI and OSHA regulations.

http://webstore.ansi.org/safety_standards/safety_signs_symbols.aspx

OldPaint

sometime you have to build em.......i searched everywhere for these osha compliant fuels signs.........had to build em from one of the old faded ones...

Attachments

• fuelgasjpg.jpg
    fuelgasjpg.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 82

CES020

Or this one....

http://segd.org

Scroll to the bottom and look at the download section. Click one and then you can download a file with a number of symbols in each one.

Might not be what you are looking for, but posting it in hopes someone can use it.