Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safety Speed Dustless Cutter will not cut ACM straight

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Gary Welch, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gary Welch

Gary Welch Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Hermiston Oregon
    I have a Safety Speed Dustless cutter (Multi substrate cutter). I have tried for years to get it to cut straight. I can put the knife in and get it cutting Foam Core straight, but when I put the wheels in for cutting ACM It is off by 1/4 inch or so. Any ideas or experience with this?

Tags:
  2. VisualArtsImaging

VisualArtsImaging New Member

Nov 24, 2016
    Palm Springs, CA
    Assuming you have squared the frame per instructions? Is your silicone grippers in tact under the hold down bar?

3. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Clamp the ACM down firmly in several spots. Use something like a quickclamp It's likely twisting while your cutting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    We have the same problem with our Excalibur when cutting aluminum. The amount of pressure causing it to twist as FireSprint mentioned.

I found lubricating the wheels helps quite a bit. Also if someone is around, I'll have them lean onto the pressure bar as I cut it.

5. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Same problem with our Keencut - the clamps Firesprint mentions are the way to go.