• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Safety Yellow Decals 20 yr life

signkrazy

I have a customer that is asking for decals with the below specifications:

1. 150,000 labels per year
2. Order 50,000/order
3. 20 year life
4. Safety Yellow
5. Should perform in conditions -40 to +60 Celsius

Material: Vinyl (polyester laminate) with 3M adhesive. Trimmed to size. Adhesive must be of 3M product and should have a minimum 7 year performance life. Preferable product: Scotchcal graphic film Series IJ 40 or Rg 40 or 3690 (3M Permagrip).

These will just be 8" x 8" safety yellow decals. No printing.

Does anyone know of a good supplier to get this film?

Thanks,
Skeeter Seymour

J Hill Designs

both requested films are for printing, and offer MAX 10 year durability

methinks your client knows not what he is requesting

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a customer that is asking for decals with the below specifications:

1. 150,000 labels per year
2. Order 50,000/order
3. 20 year life
4. Safety Yellow
5. Should perform in conditions -40 to +60 Celsius

Material: Vinyl (polyester laminate) with 3M adhesive. Trimmed to size. Adhesive must be of 3M product and should have a minimum 7 year performance life. Preferable product: Scotchcal graphic film Series IJ 40 or Rg 40 or 3690 (3M Permagrip).

These will just be 8" x 8" safety yellow decals. No printing.

Does anyone know of a good supplier to get this film?

Thanks,
Skeeter Seymour

Your title and line 3 states yellow decals with 20 year life, but their own specs only ask for 7 years....... which is it or am I reading this wrong ??

signkrazy

Yeah, that had me confused also. I don't think they know what they are talking about. Their engineers came up with this. I just emailed them back and it sounds like they are wanting safety yellow decals, no printing, 20 year life and with those temp conditions and it has to be a 3M product.

Skeeter

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If there is no printing..... is this to be die-cut ?? Otherwise, what is a simple yellow 8" x 8" decal gonna do ??

signkrazy

If there is no printing..... is this to be die-cut ?? Otherwise, what is a simple yellow 8" x 8" decal gonna do ??

They will be die cut. The shape is square with a 5/8" x 1-1/4" square cut out of it on two sides (kind of looks like an "H". They are using them to go on their equipment that they manufacture for some kind of markings needed. I print a ton of different decals for them, but these are just plain safety yellow.

I'm talking with 3M company now to try and figure out what they need and that is a headache. Just finding the right person to talk to is a pain.