• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAi Flexi Cloud Service Pack Update

Steph_Stamm

A new service pack for SAi Flexi Cloud and PhotoPRINT Cloud is here! Click the link below to read the details and remember these tips!

1. Have your activation code handy. Log in to www.SAicloud.com to find it.
2. Once you begin installation, do not cancel if you can avoid it.

http://bit.ly/146iN1P

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Will the "full" installation download also be updated? Have cloud but have been unable to get it to play nice with our JV33 and have not really had time to try and troubleshoot it. Works perfect in 8.6v2 so we have just been using that until I can find time. I'm thinking instead of letting it update just totally uninstalling it and then reinstalling it from scratch either way - hoping the update fixes whatever is causing it to just make the printer beep once in a while.

Steph_Stamm

Hi Sightline - If you uninstall and then reinstall, or if you install to a new folder, Flexi will not keep your device setups. If you overwrite your existing installation of Cloud, it will remember the setups. We're not aware of any issues with Cloud and the JV33, but if you are still experiencing them, give our technical support staff a call so we can troubleshoot it: 1800.229.9044.

Jesse_gvi

SO Diffusion now prints what looks like 200% ink after the update. Not 2 ink passes, just 1 really heavy pass.

CalamityJay

Big surprise...crash!

I tried to open a file to print using the cloud. I haven't done this since I gave up on it after the first week because it was using register marks which essentially made my files not work on the material widths. They changed the location of the marks to be further away from the print area/ artboard. To my surprise in the upgraded service pack, they fixed this issue!!! But now it is crashing after I send the file using rip/print. I wish I could give up on this software. Everyone at my work tells me "good luck with that" and leaves me sobbing the flexi blues.:banghead:

LittleSnakey

I too do not use it due to the new Opus marks for the Summa. My problem is that with the old style when the printer runs out of material on a job of multiple quantity I can save the sheet by just sending another print/cut with the amount that got finished on that sheet. With the new marks they are not at the same distance apart for the different quantities making the sheet that the material ran out on un-useable. Also sometimes I suffer from user error and accidentally send too many, when this happened with the old marks I could stop the printer after the amount I needed printed and send a new file.

Please, Flexi, Sai, Please oh Please change them back.

I tried to open a file to print using the cloud. I haven't done this since I gave up on it after the first week because it was using register marks which essentially made my files not work on the material widths. They changed the location of the marks to be further away from the print area/ artboard. To my surprise in the upgraded service pack, they fixed this issue!!! But now it is crashing after I send the file using rip/print. I wish I could give up on this software. Everyone at my work tells me "good luck with that" and leaves me sobbing the flexi blues.:banghead:

CalamityJay

I too do not use it due to the new Opus marks for the Summa. My problem is that with the old style when the printer runs out of material on a job of multiple quantity I can save the sheet by just sending another print/cut with the amount that got finished on that sheet. With the new marks they are not at the same distance apart for the different quantities making the sheet that the material ran out on un-useable. Also sometimes I suffer from user error and accidentally send too many, when this happened with the old marks I could stop the printer after the amount I needed printed and send a new file.

Please, Flexi, Sai, Please oh Please change them back.

LittleSnakey > The Issue with the OPOS marks seems to be fixed now though with the new service pack. (it only took over a year to fix!!) Good luck with everything else. Rendering transparency and effects is much easier in flexi "crying out loud".:thankyou:

LittleSnakey

your issue may be fixed with the 1" indent but look at the distance between marks. The old style used the same distance no mater the quantity. The new system seems to divide the total length then adds the marks making them different distances apart for different quantities. So if I print a file with a quantity of 100 the marks will be different than the same file with a quantity of 50.

LittleSnakey > The Issue with the OPOS marks seems to be fixed now though with the new service pack. (it only took over a year to fix!!) Good luck with everything else. Rendering transparency and effects is much easier in flexi "crying out loud".:thankyou:

hyperdrive

Been trying for days to get tech support... Im on my own..Using omega that came with the gerber fx.. But I paid for flexi..

Steve G.

Steph,
It's apparent that this update installed another whole program. I updated two windows 7 workstations and both still have the old program installed, the update did not uninstall them.
Are we to manually uninstall the previous program?
I could not find any info on this.
thanks for your help.

Doyle

Steph,
It's apparent that this update installed another whole program. I updated two windows 7 workstations and both still have the old program installed, the update did not uninstall them.
Are we to manually uninstall the previous program?
I could not find any info on this.
thanks for your help.

Same thing here.... and to top it off, cannot seem to connect to production manager, times out every time. I do not have time for this..... I am now in the process of completely uninstalling Flex from my computer and re-installing..

CalamityJay

still with issues

i cannot poll size my material on a summa t series s 120

on a graph tec flat bed plotter i click skip when holding between colors and it plots them out anyways!

flexi please fix your bugs.

I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes but please oh please make it right.

Im really trying with the new installation to find all the bugs in my workflow.
version 11 sp3 build 2020