• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAI Flexi Support

Sublimefly

I'm just wondering if SAI is offering any support at all for Flexi 10 anymore? I've tried calling a number of times and got no answer and the only time people answered I got no call back by a tech. The program is full of bugs and other issues yet it doesn't seem like anything is being done to over come these issues. So if anyone knows a real support number or how to get any real help from SAI please let me know. Otherwise consider this my warning to any potential Flexi purchasers.

choucove

I would recommend that you speak with Steph Stamm, she is a merchant member of this forum with SAi, to find out an exact number and tech person who can assist you with your specific troubles. Steph, along with several other very helpful technicians, have helped me out in the past more than once.

Always remember, it's much easier and faster to fix technical issues by communicating with tech support calmly and pleasantly. I can tell you first hand - being the owner of a computer business - that trying to fix an issue can sometimes be quite easy, but trying to fix an issue for someone that is panicking or irate is never easy. The results for everyone involved is generally less satisfactory as well.

Steph_Stamm

The phone number for technical support is 1800.229.9044. You can also email esupport@saintl.biz. I myself am not very technical, but I can try to help in any way possible, even if that is only to pass a message along to our tech team. You can look up my name in the company directory if you call our general phone number - 1800.229.9066. And Choucove has a very good point! :)

S11930

Graphic direct tech support 714-428-0060 try this number they are the real tech support for flexi. I dont believe flexi supports its own product anymore

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I'm just wondering if SAI is offering any support at all for Flexi 10 anymore? I've tried calling a number of times and got no answer and the only time people answered I got no call back by a tech. The program is full of bugs and other issues yet it doesn't seem like anything is being done to over come these issues. So if anyone knows a real support number or how to get any real help from SAI please let me know. Otherwise consider this my warning to any potential Flexi purchasers.

What issues are you having? Post them here.

Sublimefly

Issues

Currently I am running version 10.0.2. I have been getting support some what from a third party group which I thought was flexi support but they informed me that SAI was moving away from supporting flexi and that they would be doing all the support. I've tried calling that number before and on the rare occasion that the call is answered its either someone who did it by accident or I'm put on hold forever (Left the phone on their hold for close to 3 hours not long ago) or I get a machine but never a call back.

The problems I've been having with my copy of flexi is crashing... If I leave it open too long. At first it will just do things like blank out jpegs that are on the screen in my job. (photos from locations and such, sometimes images I'm tracing) If I don't restart the program it gets even worse and will close down the design central on me. If I try to reopen design central it then crashes the whole program. But its not really shutting it down because when I try to relaunch it continues with the closed design central and crashes when I open design central again. I have to then shut it down in task manager and start all over. This all wouldn't really be a problem if it still asked me to save the file before it shut it down.

Another problem I have is that the split and weed lines upgrade that was supposed to come with the upgrade to version 10 don't work at all when you design things the way I do. I set things up in boxes for easy measurement when cut. I've been trying to get them to solve this issue since version 10 was released, but they refuse to see this as a problem.

Those are my biggest problems currently, I'd say maybe it was my machine like the other support guy keeps claiming. But I took his advice earlier this year and dumped XP for Windows 7. So now these same issues that kept coming up in xp have followed over to 7. If anyone has any ideas on how to solve either of my problems I would be very grateful.

choucove

My first thought whenever I hear someone talk about a piece of software freezing or crashing after sitting for an extended period is power settings on the computer. First thing, disable Windows hibernation completely, it can cause issues when your computer wakes from hibernation and there are applications open. Sometimes just having your computer set to go to sleep after so long will cause these same kinds of problems I've found.

The easy fix for these in Windows 7 is to open the start menu, and in the Search bar type "Power Options" and press enter. In the window that opens, where it says Select a power plan, locate towards the bottom the down arrow which says "Show additional plans" and select the High Performance profile. and then close the window.

Sublimefly

Crashes

Yup that was my first thought as well, I'm positive its not the power settings now. My second idea was page file but nothing else is having issue (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, or Corel Draw). I've also tried to see what could be happening in event viewer, but somehow flexi manages to hide itself and its crashes from all event logs. I've also tried to contact SAI about that, I'm not sure why any software company would produce a product for windows and have it hide its crashes from the event log.

S11930

Another suggestion you probably downloaded the 10.0 software from the ftp site. i would suggest you download and re-install, after uninstalling the previous version. Make it a clean install. If you have'nt done this before go through flexi program and save your preferences the ones you created. Also did you delete your preferences to factory default.

Sublimefly

Thanks everyone for attempting to help resolve my issues. Honestly I wasn't looking for help when I posted this, but I'm glad you guys are as kind as you are. Really I was kind of hoping that someone could point me toward a secret phone number or something to actually get a hold of one of their techs. I mean for the price we paid for this software and the upgrades we've bought they should be here in person fixing it for me. I just can't believe they charge as much as they do for such buggy software.