Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help SAI/Illustrator coloring

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Thomas Fischetti, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Thomas Fischetti

Thomas Fischetti Member

Oct 19, 2017
    salt lake city, Utah
    Hey everyone! We just got an hp latex 560 in, and we cant for the life of us get colors to match. we are using arlon 4600 with the correct ICC profile.

I am wondering, if we design in illustrator, should i design in RGB or CMYK? I am going to mess around with different rendering intents as well as screen settings. It is very frustrating as our old mutoh printed colors perfectly. I know its just a setting or two, now we begin the hunt.

Thanks in advance for any input at all!

Tags:
  2. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    If you are using Flexi 19 that should check with SAi to know how color problem. Some people met color problem with current version when they changed color system.

3. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    How much of this have you done? https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/...or-accuracy-and-consistency-hp-latex-printers

HP 560 has a built-in colour sensor, so you should be able to recalibrate your Arlon 4600 profile if you haven't already done so. Then, you could perhaps download a copy of the ICC profile and install it on your OS so that Illustrator can use it. That would get you another step closer to matching colours from your screen to your printer. Your screen may need to be calibrated too.

• Like Like x 1