• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Salam Alikom from Saudi Arabia

yazeed

First of all, " Salam Alikom " means peace on you in Arabic

This is Yazeed, from Saudi Arabia, I graduated from University of Kansas with Economics degree. Now, i'm back here and looking for a job. At the same time, I love photography and computer graphic design. Therefore, I decided to open my advertisement agency. I'm new in printing and cutting tools and equipment.
I will be so so so happy =) if I find someone who can help me to start and choose what equipment that I need as a beginner in this business. I really appreciate it.

Salam :thankyou:
-Yazeed

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Welcome. I strongly suggest you hire yourself out as an employee to learn this trade before you venture into this business. Your question leads us all to believe that you are nowhere ready for such an undertaking with your present skills, or your understanding (or lack thereof) of business.

petesign

Welcome from Alabama. :)

Also, since I grew up in Manhattan, Kansas... I have to say "Go K-State, beat those Jayhawks" to you. :cool:

Welcome to the forum, you will love it here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your reply and encouragement.
I would like to see some suggested equipment

Yeah... and I'd like to see immediate results everytime I ask a question.

Simmer down and it will appear before your very eyes........

Jim Doggett

First of all, " Salam Alikom " means peace on you in Arabic

This is Yazeed, from Saudi Arabia, I graduated from University of Kansas with Economics degree. Now, i'm back here and looking for a job. At the same time, I love photography and computer graphic design. Therefore, I decided to open my advertisement agency. I'm new in printing and cutting tools and equipment.
I will be so so so happy =) if I find someone who can help me to start and choose what equipment that I need as a beginner in this business. I really appreciate it.

Salam :thankyou:
-Yazeed

Welcome Yazeed. I have a brother working in Saudi Arabia at the moment. So if you bump into a rolly-polly guy named Bill Doggett, tell him Jimmy says "Hi."

Last edited:

Marlene

your equipment will depend on just what you plan on doing. it makes a difference. what you can do is sub it out for now. if will give you an idea of what sells, which direction you want to go in and gives you a chance to see end products produced on equipment to see if the print is what you are looking for. and welcome to the site

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

Our suggestions may not fit the economic structure where you are. You need to test the market there before making purchasing decisions.

ICeMAnAbk

Yazeed,

What section of The Kingdom are you in? I forget if it's the northern section or the southern which is stricter. Either way, welcome.

I know that due to the cash flow over in KSA, a lot of the business owners like to make things very vivid and flashy. I dont think you could go wrong getting a digital printer especially with a lot of the "hand made" stuff going on there in the Souqs and such. ossibly could roll out custom wrapping paper and such.

A Plotter would be good for regular stick on letters, however, I do know a lot of your writing in Arabic tends to be fancier then how English lettering is. Plotter may work nice in some cases, but overall, for your needs, I think you might want to get a digital printer.

Not sure of suppliers or anything in the middle east there. I imagine Iran makes a lot of middle eastern electronics and such, with much of forgein equipment being from Western Europe. You can get 220v versions of a lot of the equipment we use, and also converter boxes for American equipment, however, they dont tell you that the hz for the voltage needed for american machinery stays at 60hz, and prolonged use at 50hz can cause damage. what it'd do to a plotter or printer, I have no clue.

With all that said, I got to see a good amount of expansion in industrial and commercial boom in the middle east. you're in a good position to make a good business over there.