• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales Sheet

JKADesigns

What do you have for a sales sheet to narrow down what a customer wants?

We have to design, but to cut the extra stuff out that they DON'T want, what would you suggest asking?

Font Types and Sign Descriptors: Western, Roman, Script, Block, .. what are other good descriptive font/sign names?

Of course, I can have them sketch out a sign as well... I do wall words and the profit margin is so low that anything I can do to get the customer out the door in 10 exchanges or less, the more time and money I have.

Any suggestions on what to ask? I'm kind of stumped in a way.

2B

1st thing ask the intended use of the product.

What their budget is?
How much are they will to spend? and no this is not the same as the budget
What level of quality do they want?
How long do they want it to last?

EDIT: the reference to quality is in thought of the complexity of the design and visual appeal

Last edited:

HulkSmash

1st thing ask the intended use of the product.

What their budget is?
How much are they will to spend? and no this is not the same as the budget
What level of quality do they want?
How long do they want it to last?

You ask your customers what quality they want? Do you offer anything other then the best?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We offer different grades of materials depending on needs... Like if my client needs a short term wall graphic for a 2 - 3 day event I'm not going to sell them the materials that are rated for years at 3 - 4x the price if I know the other material will do the same job in that time frame.

Decals, esp. is a perfect example of different quality needs.

cdiesel

We don't give the customer that choice. It's up to us as the professionals to make that decision. Ask them what their expectations are, and you determine what to use to do the job.

If you leave the decision up to them, they will always choose the cheapest option and expect it to last as long as the more expensive one.