• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sam Inks?

ScottyAdams

Hey guys,

I was just at the SGIA show in Vegas and talked to a company called Sam Inks. Their prices are significantly cheaper than Roland inks...However, all i hear is bad stuff about third party inks. Here is the info they sent me after the show:

"Thank you for visiting Budget-Inks booth at the recent SGIA Show in Las Vegas. Your interest was saving money on inks for your large format printer without sacrificing quality. Budget-Inks offers professional, high-quality products for professional large format and grand format printers. We currently supply our products to over 25,000 customers in 30 countries world-wide. Our SAM INK brand is guaranteed to perform as required by major printer manufacturers. There is no need to flush existing inks in your printer or create new color profiles, just install SAM INK's and print. You can even use your existing inks along with SAM INK's. For more information about Budget-Inks visit our website, www.budget-inks.com.

Start saving on your ink costs and instantly create more profit margin!

SAM INK Eco-Sol inks for use in your Roland printer:
• 220ml single cartridge - $44.95
• 220ml 4-6 cartridges - $38.95 each
• 440ml single cartridge - $69.95
• 440ml 4-6 cartridges - $54.95 each
• FREE SHIPPING!"

Has anyone had any experience with this company and their inks...or any other third party inks and what were the results like? print quality? durability? any issues with the printer? etc? Thanks!
:thankyou:

ThinkRight

Hey guys,

I was just at the SGIA show in Vegas and talked to a company called Sam Inks. Their prices are significantly cheaper than Roland inks...However, all i hear is bad stuff about third party inks. Here is the info they sent me after the show:

"Thank you for visiting Budget-Inks booth at the recent SGIA Show in Las Vegas. Your interest was saving money on inks for your large format printer without sacrificing quality. Budget-Inks offers professional, high-quality products for professional large format and grand format printers. We currently supply our products to over 25,000 customers in 30 countries world-wide. Our SAM INK brand is guaranteed to perform as required by major printer manufacturers. There is no need to flush existing inks in your printer or create new color profiles, just install SAM INK's and print. You can even use your existing inks along with SAM INK's. For more information about Budget-Inks visit our website, www.budget-inks.com.

Start saving on your ink costs and instantly create more profit margin!

SAM INK Eco-Sol inks for use in your Roland printer:
• 220ml single cartridge - $44.95
• 220ml 4-6 cartridges - $38.95 each
• 440ml single cartridge - $69.95
• 440ml 4-6 cartridges - $54.95 each
• FREE SHIPPING!"

Has anyone had any experience with this company and their inks...or any other third party inks and what were the results like? print quality? durability? any issues with the printer? etc? Thanks!
:thankyou:

Here is an old thread.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48767&highlight=Sam+Inks

Search more and you may find more .

ScottyAdams

yah I read that but was just curious if anyone has actually used this specific manufacturer and what their results were like.

ThinkRight

yah I read that but was just curious if anyone has actually used this specific manufacturer and what their results were like.

..or any other third party inks and what were the results like? print quality? durability? any issues with the printer? etc? Thanks!

:doh:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I personally use Fuji Sericol in my 2 solvent printers...one being an Eco Solv XC 540 from Roland and the other being a Vutek 3360 6 color 3meter printer. I have had excellent results with the Vutek printer. They have that down pat.
The Roland has been very good...BUT they did have some issues with certain lots of the eco-solv ink in the past. That seems to be behind them now for most part.
1: IF I had any issues with the ink on my Roland, they have been VERY and I mean VERY helpful and forthcoming in solutions to fix the issue.
2: They replaced 2 heads in my machine....each time they acknowledged it was their ink that caused it. Find another company that really does stand behind their product for that part!
3: Profiling is necessary with their ink though they have been expanding the library of profiles available for media. I havent changed or updated mine in a while as I am pleased with consistent results I have had.
Downside: Ink delivery system isnt so hot. Basically pouring ink into funnels and the cartridges. They supplied permanent yellow chips for the XC to bypass the cleaning function enabled when not using roland brand ink. Combine their inks with another delivery system and you have a really good setup.
Sam inks....couldnt tell ya about. As for Aftermarket in general, my bet is on Fuji Sericol.

ScottyAdams

I personally use Fuji Sericol in my 2 solvent printers...one being an Eco Solv XC 540 from Roland and the other being a Vutek 3360 6 color 3meter printer. I have had excellent results with the Vutek printer. They have that down pat.
The Roland has been very good...BUT they did have some issues with certain lots of the eco-solv ink in the past. That seems to be behind them now for most part.
1: IF I had any issues with the ink on my Roland, they have been VERY and I mean VERY helpful and forthcoming in solutions to fix the issue.
2: They replaced 2 heads in my machine....each time they acknowledged it was their ink that caused it. Find another company that really does stand behind their product for that part!
3: Profiling is necessary with their ink though they have been expanding the library of profiles available for media. I havent changed or updated mine in a while as I am pleased with consistent results I have had.
Downside: Ink delivery system isnt so hot. Basically pouring ink into funnels and the cartridges. They supplied permanent yellow chips for the XC to bypass the cleaning function enabled when not using roland brand ink. Combine their inks with another delivery system and you have a really good setup.
Sam inks....couldnt tell ya about. As for Aftermarket in general, my bet is on Fuji Sericol.

actual good info thanks!

CanuckSigns

ask them to send you the names and phone numbers of 3-5 shops that are using their inks, if they are reluctant, that's a red flag right off the bat. If they do, call them and ask.

sowinski_t

I've been using SamInk in my HP9000s for years now, with no problems what so ever. Very consistent colour, quality, etc.
Don't know what it would be like on the roland though... When I ran a VP-540 a while ago, it seemed a lot more sensitive to third-party ink, and we ended up going back to the name brand ink because it was just less of a headache. Personally, I would give them a shot.