• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Same day laminating with GS3 inks

Danskitt

Ok, so I've watched the sales pitch videos for the GS3 inks where they say it can be laminated and dispatched same day but of course I can't find anything from Epson that says how long to wait/degas. I have a HP latex 365 and we can pretty much go from print to laminator with that, how does the S60600 etc compare?

jpescobar

Epson SureColor S-Series printers with the PrecisionCore printhead and the UltraChrome GS3 inks deliver better print quality than any other printer in its range.
I've seen many Latex printers and their outputs are not even better than Roland or Mimaki. For outgassing time Epson give it 6h only compared to 24h on other printers.
I have an Epson SC-S40610 and if I want to deliver jobs same day I print in the morning so they are finished before the evening.
I have no issues when laminating and cutting. Everything goes flawless !!

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
My understanding is that when a printer manufacturer specifies a drying time, it has been in conjunction with a specific media manufacturer and sometimes a specific media. It appears that the link to the S-Series brochure is for Avery Media, not a specific media of thiers which I would imagine varies greatly. OKI Colorpainter claims the same 6 hour drying time with SX inks on Avery wrap media and Avery will back it with the ICMS warranty. I've never seen 3M mention anything less than 24 hours drying time in my experience. On the OKI 3M Traffic M64s - 3M does warranty the DG and HIP for instant lamination for the Traffic MCS Warranty, but there is a infrared heater with a control box which accomplishes this.

Tatonka

I haven't run into any issues laminating same day, sometimes within an hour even (or less). Most of my prints aren't being stretched or exposed to elements though. I'll occasionally get some silvering if I laminate right away, but that's been pretty rare lately.