Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same day laminating with GS3 inks

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Danskitt, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Danskitt

Danskitt Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Sydney
    Ok, so I've watched the sales pitch videos for the GS3 inks where they say it can be laminated and dispatched same day but of course I can't find anything from Epson that says how long to wait/degas. I have a HP latex 365 and we can pretty much go from print to laminator with that, how does the S60600 etc compare?

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Epson says 6 hours, I've gone as little as 1 when needed with no issues at all

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. jpescobar

jpescobar Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Tunisia
    Epson SureColor S-Series printers with the PrecisionCore printhead and the UltraChrome GS3 inks deliver better print quality than any other printer in its range.
    I've seen many Latex printers and their outputs are not even better than Roland or Mimaki. For outgassing time Epson give it 6h only compared to 24h on other printers.
    I have an Epson SC-S40610 and if I want to deliver jobs same day I print in the morning so they are finished before the evening.
    I have no issues when laminating and cutting. Everything goes flawless !!

4. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    My understanding is that when a printer manufacturer specifies a drying time, it has been in conjunction with a specific media manufacturer and sometimes a specific media. It appears that the link to the S-Series brochure is for Avery Media, not a specific media of thiers which I would imagine varies greatly. OKI Colorpainter claims the same 6 hour drying time with SX inks on Avery wrap media and Avery will back it with the ICMS warranty. I've never seen 3M mention anything less than 24 hours drying time in my experience. On the OKI 3M Traffic M64s - 3M does warranty the DG and HIP for instant lamination for the Traffic MCS Warranty, but there is a infrared heater with a control box which accomplishes this.

5. Marshal

Marshal Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Minnesota
    I haven't run into any issues laminating same day, sometimes within an hour even (or less). Most of my prints aren't being stretched or exposed to elements though. I'll occasionally get some silvering if I laminate right away, but that's been pretty rare lately.