• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Same job different colors.

Bogdaniel

Hey guys, i have this roland sp-540i that i print on and friday i had this sample to print but on monday i wanted to print a sample from final artwork to see how it goes. After the print has finished i noticed that there is a color difference between the sample from friday and the sample from monday so i printed again the same sample from friday and here it comes. The print job from friday ( no modifications to settings or anything) i've printed it on monday and the color output wasn't the same. I changed all the settings again and again samples over samples but without luck.
For the final artwork i can say that i did some color changes or something like that but what about the job printed on frinday and monday same job reprinted and different colors... ? :D
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160524_162100_resized.jpg
    20160524_162100_resized.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20160524_162129_resized.jpg
    20160524_162129_resized.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 216

player

Humidity and room temperature changes are known culprits. Some printers have this issue regardless...

Are the test prints perfect?

Ink levels low?

Do you use your printer much? If inks have sat for a long time the carts might need a gentle shaking/agitation. I power both powers off, remove, agitated and reinstall each cartridge, then power back up. This prevents the ink remaining from being thrown off.

Bogdaniel

test print is ok, settings are ok , i have enough ink and even did a maintenance.

EDIT:
didn't do the shaking part i will try that one since over the weekend the printer was offline. And i print every day almost 8 hours.

player

test print is ok, settings are ok , i have enough ink and even did a maintenance.

EDIT:
didn't do the shaking part i will try that one since over the weekend the printer was offline. And i print every day almost 8 hours.

If you are printing that much your ink probably hasn't settled...

Maybe get a thermometer and a barometer to check if things are changing in the room.

Are you using Roland inks?

Did you re-rip the file or use the same rip? Versaworks or?

Bogdaniel

Versaworks, same rip as friday and the ink is EMBLEM - eco solvent ink optimizer for roland ( that's what it says on the ink container ).

Correct Color

I'm kind of lost how it can be exactly the same job when the image is flopped.

From the looks of it to me, something somewhere has been altered. That is not the kind of change you're going to see from humidity, or temperature, or ink settling over a weekend, or from using non-OEM ink (unless you changed ink over the weekend.) Something pretty significant has been altered from one of those prints to the other. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the portrait length example has a wrong incoming color space assigned to it... but it could be just about anything.

Bogdaniel

I'm kind of lost how it can be exactly the same job when the image is flopped.

From the looks of it to me, something somewhere has been altered. That is not the kind of change you're going to see from humidity, or temperature, or ink settling over a weekend, or from using non-OEM ink (unless you changed ink over the weekend.) Something pretty significant has been altered from one of those prints to the other. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the portrait length example has a wrong incoming color space assigned to it... but it could be just about anything.

Dunno what to say .. i only hit print. and the image was the same but one is already on a glass and the other one still on support.