• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Samsung Galaxy Tab Opinions

Stealth Ryder

I have been using a HTC EVO phone for a year now and just purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android 32 GB, 3G/WIFI) and wonder if anyone else is using one. I will primarily use it when traveling and in the office. What are your thoughts on this device?

Pat Whatley

Bought one for my wife for her birthday and I've got to say I'm a little surprised at how much we use it. It's really just an internet browsing device but that's all we wanted out of it. Speeds have been impressive, battery life is GREAT.

Angry birds plays really well on it....ask my three year olds.

Malkin

I have a samsung galaxy captivate (phone) and love it.
I would probably get the tab in a heartbeat if i wanted a tablet.

Stealth Ryder

After playing with it today I think it will come in very handy as much as I travel. I got all my e-mail set-up, loaded my music as well as 8 movies and still have plenty of GBs to spare... Games are next... Thanks for the input...

Locals Find!

Don't hold your breath on that Pat. Netflix has been saying this summer since droid debuted in 2008. They only got streaming to our game consoles last year. 10 years after the technology had been available to do so.

Malkin

Netflix streaming is already available on some droid devices, but not all.
Hopefully more soon!

Locals Find!

Netflix streaming is already available on some droid devices, but not all.
Hopefully more soon!

Which devices would those be?? Netflix told me it wasn't available on any droid devices that they were just now working on Iphone streaming and even that wasn't going to be ready for months. Would you mind sharing which devices?? I can't find anything in the market from netflix.

Stealth Ryder

The biggest pain to me has been that I can't watch Netflicks on it, yet. Supposedly by mid-summer.

I hope so.... I have ripped down a bunch of Blue Rays/DVDs formated for the Tab, they will work for me until the Netflix thing happens... I don't know why they would not get the Netflix thing going based on how many droids are out there these days... Thanks Again Guys...

SignManiac

I've had Netflix streaming on my iphone and ipad for a year or so now. But...I don't use either one for it. I'm spoiled and will only watch movies and tv on the big screen.

WildWestDesigns

I've had Netflix streaming on my iphone and ipad for a year or so now. But...I don't use either one for it. I'm spoiled and will only watch movies and tv on the big screen.

You do know that you can send the Netflix from your iPhone and/or iPad to your big screen? Eliminates yet another piece of hardware if you choose to go that route.

Having said that, I use the WD Live Hub TV for my Netflix movies. Having it on the phone(droid) would be a nice even more portable solution than the iPad though for me.

Pat Whatley

Let me toss in this info about the G-Tablet....when your 3 year old wants to play Angry Birds and knocks it off the nightstand and the glass breaks it's a $175 repair.