Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sandblast stencil lifting

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by 3Dsigns, May 10, 2019.

1. 3Dsigns

3Dsigns Member

Oct 22, 2010
    NW Florida
    I have a couple spots of "U-Line" #623 sandblast stencil lifting off some HDU. I had taken it to the local monument company for blasting and the blaster-guy didn't catch it in time before it was "GrainFraimed" under the letter. Now I have to either carve it down, or built the place back up with some filler (ugg)...Anyhow, what kind of adhesive would you used to hold the stencil back down just long enough to finish blasting the sign? I need something on hand, so I don't have to order anything. Contact cement? Hot glue? Bubble gum? thanks

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Spit.​

What is the HDU primed or painted with ??

3. Eric H

Eric H Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    I’ve used rubber cement to reattach stencil. Not sure if I have ever used it on raw foam before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Active Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    Turn down the pressure on the sandblaster. Use sharp (new) media. It also helps to prime before attaching stencil (or use a high tack adhesive stencil if you must blast un-primed HDU.