• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sandblasted sign

Deaton Design

I did this for a local town where this country music songwriter grew up.
The blasting was done by Blue Ridge Fabrication, and they did a great job.
This was finished with latex paints and one shot on the lettering. Little bit of gold leaf on the hat. The sign is backed with mdo glued on with gorilla glue and installed on the post with angle iron bracketts on the back.
The youth center sign is 3' by 3' was also blasted and cut out by Blue Ridge. I hand carved the bear, and the sign was painted with latex paints, and the lettering with one shot. The small lettering is vinyl, as it may need to be updated at some time. Backed with mdo, and installed with angle bracketts.
The black mtn. sign is 8' by 16', made from mdo board. Four sheets for the background, and the main logo is layered mdo. Some of the lettering is cut out and placed as another layer. All painted with latex and one shot except the vehicles, which are digital prints. After putting this one up, they had me come back and paint the trees black. I was going for a subtle look for the trees, but they wanted them to stand out more. They wanted green, but I talked them into black. I hired a contractor friend of mine to help me with the install on this one.

Attachments

• chesnutt.jpg
    chesnutt.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 114
  • youthcenter.jpg
    youthcenter.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 100
  • blackmtnsign.jpg
    blackmtnsign.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 116

Nash Signs

That is great work John, as is everything on your website. I just
took some time to view all your work displayed. Extremely nice.

Deaton Design

My site is really behind. I really need to update it. I keep saying Im going to, but never have been able to yet. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Jillbeans

As always, Tater, you knock my sox off.
You have a very distinctive style which is always pleasing.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

John I think Jill nailed it perfectly...It's your distinctive style that is refreshingly different. Your work is a great display of "artistic" ability as opposed to "computer" ability.

kstompaint

Good stuff as usual, John. I saw that Black Mountain Park on "Trucks!" on Spike TV Sunday. Looks like a fun place.

Deaton Design

It is a fun place. Its become a real help to the local economy, and gave us all a boost. They usually have three or four hundred a weekend riding the trails in the park. ATVs, side by sides, mudcrawlers, etc. They also have special rides, pig roasts and other stuff all throughout the year, especially during the summer. Its pretty cool.
Steve, it is hdu. 1.5" thick. Blasted with a grain frame to give it the wood look.

Marlene

I remember when you posted the layout for the ATV park and glad to see just how great the sign came out. I love the trees and how they add so much to the sign without being in your face bold. your work is outstanding and always fun to see