• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Satin Gold Vinyl

Bigdawg

Just Me
I am having a heck of a time matching some vinyl. The picture doesn't really show what it is but let me describe.

It looks like Avery metallized polyester Double Gold (former number A1848-S) but with a satin finish. This was used outdoors and I have no idea how long it's been up.

Does anyone know of a vinyl such as I'm describing? Or is it possible that originally the vinyl was the Double Gold Avery and since it was used outdoors, the sheen has worn down?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 105 Triple Diamond Blvd_0053.jpg
    105 Triple Diamond Blvd_0053.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 168

Haakon

Ok, this isn't very helpful, but it the sign reads what I think it reads, should not they be on the case? :smile:

but maybe the 3M 1080 Gold brushed metal could be a close enough match? Since it is pretty much brand new it's probably not the one used on the sign, but maybe a close enough match?

SignosaurusRex

I don't know of any Satin Gold finish in a metalized polyester from any manufacturer/brand including Coburn and R-Tape/Vinyl efx.

showcase 66

I know arlon has a satin gold. I think it is an intermediate vinyl 4500 or something like that. Not sure if they have a metalized polyester material if that is what you are looking for.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Part of the problem is I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I'm trying to make an educated guess as to what it is... if I can match the look I'll be fine no matter what the material.

Jillbeans

Hooray!
I was even going to go and dig into my really old scrap box and post a pic.
Thanks for the set of luggage and the Rice A Roni!