Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satin Guard Wrap

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by phototec, Feb 5, 2014.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Anyone using Satin Guard paint protection film for wraps?

This 2013 Ford Raptor looks SWEET!

[video=youtube;wkg_iDIB2vs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkg_iDIB2vs[/video]

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Neat idea. Somebody was thinking.

3. Nuagedesigns

Nuagedesigns Member

May 7, 2007
    Seymour, CT
    seems like an awful lot more labor installing wet versus a matte finish wrap vinyl. Also what happens when material has to be heated to fit compound curves? Will it gloss up or discolor? Not to mention any tiny piece of debris will be visible. No Thank you. I'm sure there are people will take this and run with it but I have always stayed far away from clear paint protection films and window tint for this very reason. Just my personal opinion. I do like the idea of changing the finish of a car that the wrap industry has not yet produced film for but other than that... No Thank you.

Carry on.

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I didn't see any heat being applied anywhere, wish they would have shown some corners being applied.