• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saturday project in the shop

OldPaint

finally can do some physical work again. got the fan as a christmas gift, but by-pass surgery dec 28th put a hold on installing it. WEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL today was the day!!!
got it installed and wired in the shop. 60 inch, 4 speeds mounted dead center of the shop. and does it move some air!!!!
so nice having a fan that you dont have to yell over)))))) hennie fished the 14/2 wire from switch to fan. i did the wiring and hangin the fan & bracket.

Attachments

• pottery 062.jpg
    pottery 062.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 126
  • pottery 063.jpg
    pottery 063.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 138
  • pottery 064.jpg
    pottery 064.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 110

Bradster941

True enough.

A little air movement can and does make a big difference in comfort despite the
temperature and humidity.

skyhigh

True enough.

A little air movement can and does make a big difference in comfort despite the
temperature and humidity.

And when Joe's in the shop, there is quite a bit of "hot air" to circulate. :rolleyes:

Looks good OP. Glad your feeling better.

shakey0818

I'M sure that will keep you cool in the summer.I'm glad to hear your feeling better and able to do some physical stuff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have them all over the shop and they help as well in the winter, pulling the hot air down as in the summer circulating hot air up.

By the way...... is that wiring legal like that down in Florida........ no conduit flexible or rigid ?? :Oops:​

OldPaint

gino, its a metal building, NON-COMMERCIAL application. here you can run wire as long as it is the white, yellow orange incased is same as conduit. i will put a junction box above the fan, just didnt have one, but will pick up up a single and mount it and put wire connection in it at a later date. just wanted see how it would work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:cool1:

No problem. I just wanted to point that out to you before your inspector would.

:doh: I didn't think about the all metal building, but it's contents what I'd think they'd call you on having some of the paints and thinners in your shop. Are they contained in an area that a spark couldn't touch.... even from 50' away ?? See, we'd have to have explosive-proof switches, connections and so many other things.... if our paints and other flammables weren't contained in an explosive type room to begin with.

Stay cool with tht thing. I love ours.

We also have three large exhaust fans in our ceilings and wall areas. They really help with heat and odors.

I'm not poking fun, just hoping you're not going to have to do it over at a later time. :rock-n-roll:

Si Allen

BEFORE you take out a screw on a truck ... make very sure what is on the other side.

Otherwise, you just might wind up with a very expensive bill to fix it!

OldPaint

gino.......you are commercial...........mine is just a home shop/garage. passed all electrical inspections when i installed the 200 amp breaker box, inspector told me to properly wire(as long as it was ORANGE, YELLOW, WHITE incased 3 wire, didnt have to be conduit or flexible metal cased)a functional light wired to a flip switch, 1 single 3 pronged GFI receptacle he would pass it so i could get electric co. to drop in power to box. after that he said i could wire anything i wanted if it was done as well as i did what he saw for inspection. i wired 4 plug, 20 amp receptacles on 2 separate 20 amp breakers, one has a total of 12(3-4 plug boxes) plugs to the left of the breaker box, 16(4- 4 plug boxes) to the right. i really hate tryin to find an electrical plug in.)))))))))))