• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saturday SURGE... help Kait WIN!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Today is the last day for the tattoo contest my daughter is in to win $250 she needs towards her college education. In the past few weeks, the fine folks here on Signs101 who have voted for her catapulted her into first place worldwide... an accomplishment we should be proud of. A few developments have taken place since then. The person currently in 1st place has had a rash of their supporters going into my daughter's tattoo page and de-ranking her Story and Art by awarding her 1 star (out of 5). I'm calling for all out war on this last day to regain the first place you fine people achieved for her previously. It's personal now.

To view the original thread (an entertaining read) click here.

Anyone who has not joined the site and awarded Kait 5 stars yet in each category, I'm asking for your support. You're my last line of defense against the dirty pool tactics by the competiton. Signs101 had her in first place for several days, and I hope we can do it again. By midnight tonight, we need her page viewed at least 110 more times with five star rankings awarded. I will be monitoring this throughout the day, but also ask for YOUR help to keep bumping the thread to keep it on the board.

If you don't want to view the original thread, the process is this. Go to taleofthetattoo.com and join the site. Do a keyword search for Grandma's Seashells - this will take you to Kait's page. Award five stars for Art and Story. Help us win this for a very deserving girl who has grown up in a sign shop and who is now one of three kids I have in college. Books are averaging me $1200 a semester for three kids, plus their tuition, room and board, car payments, insurance and food... utilities - the list is endless. All 3 kids work, but the brunt of expense is on me. Kait could really use the money - while it's not a fortune - everything helps!

LET'S DO THIS SIGNS101!

Last edited:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
You're my last line of defense against the dirty pool tactics by the competiton.

i hope she wins, but come on, what the difference between what you did and what they are doing???

Arlo Kalon 2.0

i hope she wins, but come on, what the difference between what you did and what they are doing???

A lot. They have FB people voting for them, so they have advertised it on the web too. I have NEVER (and would never) ask anyone to de-rank anothers entry as they have done - dirty pool in my book. So did you vote for her Dave? If you read the original thread, you would see lots of outright support and well wishes from the 101 community. I don't think anyone in here feels I am doing anything underhanded.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
splitting hairs....

in the end it's not who has the best tat or story, but who has the most friends and how far they are willing to go for you....

but i guess that's just life.

good luck.

which leads me to a thought your original thread gave me. as a community, we have raised money before. i suggest we have an annual collection for a college scholarship fund. with a yearly scholarsip being awarded to the relative of a premium subscriber. an essay written by the student(s) could go to a poll of the premuim subsrcibers.....

weaselboogie

in the end it's not who has the best tat or story, but who has the most friends and how far they are willing to go for you....

:thumb:

There's no difference between what you're doing and what They're doing. Rationalize it all you want, but once you crossesd that line, everything else is grey.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

:thumb:

There's no difference between what you're doing and what They're doing. Rationalize it all you want, but once you crossesd that line, everything else is grey.

Hey, if you don't agree with what I'm doing - DON'T PARTICIPATE - how simple could it be. If you check the original thread you'll see many of Signs101's finest didn't mind helping - minus the criticism. I'm only trying to help one of my kids out, and as I said - I'd do the same for yours. Jeeeez

Arlo Kalon 2.0

This is freggin' Tattoo Jihad.

It's on.... I'm headed there now.

Thanks Bro. And what a great way to put it... "Tattoo Jihad""... that's awesome. I don't know why weaselboogie can't get it thru his thick skull that there is a BIG difference between what I'm asking here and what the competition did by de-ranking my daughters entry. In any event - thanks for your support. It looks like we're not going to make it because it's apparently a slow day on 101. But like I said in the title, I'm asking for a SURGE. That could happen at the last minute.

iSign

2 more votes & a call to action on my FB page!

Good luck to Kaitlyn!
(great 5-star story too!!)

Arlo Kalon 2.0

2 more votes & a call to action on my FB page!

Good luck to Kaitlyn!
(great 5-star story too!!)

Thanks Doug! We need all the help we can get in these final hours. The Motley Crue tatt's people have begun a smear campaign on the website against my daughter that is downright disgusting... referring to her as bitch among other things. It's totally uncalled for behavior and one more reason they should lose.

Headhunterx

Good lord you are acting like $250 is a lot of money. You act like some parents that write the biggest check to get their kid to win something in grade school. How pathetic can you get, let her win on her own or not at all.

iSign

quote me, I don't care... I'm taking my rant down now that you've seen it... we'll see how many more bridges you burn around here... whatever floats yer boat

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Here's an update on the contest. Kait won $250 for best story, the Motley Crue tatt won for best art. The people on a Motley Crue fan forum who tried to sabotage my daughter by posting instructions to people to go into the tattoo contest website and de-rank Kait failed. The website owner had his tech guys track the voting on the Motley Crue tatt and compare it to the de-ranking of Kait's tatt. He wiped out all the 1 rankings from the Motley Crue people who succeeded in putting Kait in 12th place in the contest. Real considerat guy. So thanks entirely to Signs101 Kait will be getting a check for $250. I CAN'T THANK Y'ALL ENOUGH!