• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saving as a pdf from flex 8

GARY CULY

men i have issues this morning here with exporting as a pdf file.
i dont know if this has been happening or im just not checking the right boxes ,etc.
heres the deal:
i have say a vector image "bobs service center " say....i make it real size on screen bout 8 inches big....center it up on my screen 0-0..
go to save as pdf...click ,its saved .
NOW when i open it up in a pdf program,theres the big box and the image isnt in it .....i open that very file in flexi and its on there ,just over in one corner real small....so how do i convert and save this so my customer can view it when he opens it and the logo will be right there in the middle like it supposed to be?

thanks for taking minute reading this
Gary HIP Culy

jcuminale

pdfs from flexi require the document size to be the same as the image size, otherwise it defaults to the document size and the file is left to be some portion of that page size

Steve Rife

What Jcuminale states is true... File > Export PDF does retain the document dimensions. If you need to keep the exact dimensions of your job, adjust your document size in DesignCentral (default when nothing is selected on screen). Align your 8in. job to the middle of the page, then go to File > Export. Select PDF and uncheck the "Suppress Options" checkbox. Another dialog box will appear. Verify "Scale to:" is set to "Full Size" and "Include border" is checked. Your PDF will be saved exactly as you see within Flexi.

Adobe has a limit to how big you can save a PDF file... I believe it to be around 110in. long, but, based on your post.... you are safe here :smile:

GARY CULY

great! i have to run off here for a bit and just stopped to check for any responses ...guys i sure appreciate your help im very postive it will work ..knew i was doing some step wrong ....thank you for "explaining the instructions "..ill write this in my little note book so wont have to ask again
thank you much il report back .

GARY CULY

this process works fine..just be SUREto put BOX around the elements before exporting.even a "blank "white box behind a bit larger than alll the objects
thank you for your help

BrianKE

Not sure if this applies to Flexi 8 (I am still using 7.6) but when I need to do a PDF I have a template with a border and some company info. When I select the Apply Template button and select the template I created everything within the file is shown within the template scaled as large as possible while still fitting within a predefined drawing area. You can also ungroup the items and then move/scale as desired within the drawing area.

HTH