• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saving Files Issue

GmanDesign

Ok so I've been using Flexi for years now, I currently have version 8.6. When saving files if I have some sort on image jpeg, tiff, pdf whatever it always saved that image as part of the file. Recently I had to re install Flexi and now ever time I save a file and re open it it asks me to locate the image from where ever I have it saved. Now it only does this for any files I saved after the re install. If i open a file I saved prior to the re install the images and there.

LittleSnakey

I have also had that problem with 8.6 when I first loaded it, I am currently running build ver 1437 and images that I drag and drop in are imbedded.

One work around with the version you are using is to import to get the images rather than dragging and dropping. You can tell of the image will save with your design It will say "Embedded" in the Design Editor window.

I could never figure out how to embed a bitmap that was already in flexi but not embedded.
One good thing when the files don't embed is the file size stays small and as long as you dont delete or move the image flexi should find it.
I embed all mine though.

Ok so I've been using Flexi for years now, I currently have version 8.6. When saving files if I have some sort on image jpeg, tiff, pdf whatever it always saved that image as part of the file. Recently I had to re install Flexi and now ever time I save a file and re open it it asks me to locate the image from where ever I have it saved. Now it only does this for any files I saved after the re install. If i open a file I saved prior to the re install the images and there.

Drip Dry

I'm using 8.6 and it does work, although I don't know why. I had the same problem with 7.6 and the only way I knew to get around it was littlesnakeys workaround.

I know this came up here a while back, and I think it something to do with linking bitmaps.
I thought STEPH from SAI had the answer, but I couldn't find it with a quick search of her posts. You may have better luck in searching out the answer.

Sorry I can't offer more

If you find an answer, can you please post it here

Drip Dry

OK, the linked thing

Go to FILE>IMPORT
Select any jpeg you want to import. under the preview window, there is a checkbox called link. Mine is unchecked. I'm not sure how to keep it either checked or unchecked as default.

So, if it is checked as default, it seems that when you just drag and drop the file into flexi, it will only be linked to the original file. If you delete it or move it, it will ask you to locate it next time you open the file in flexi. If you deleted it, then I think it's gone forever.
If your linked box is checked, then you need to figure out how to uncheck it and keep it as default.

Good luck