• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sawgrass SG 400

JasonToledo

Hello,

My sawgrass SG400 has started printing lines on top of the image. I am using aftermarket ink, and not official sawgrass cartridges. Anyone know what is causing this?

Attachments

• penguins.jpg
    penguins.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 329

mfatty500

I personally have not, I use an epson now for sublimation,but I have seen it on many other FB groups with the same issue, some have said there is a way to override it, but not sure how.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Try the OEM Inks, if that sorts it, you have your issue. Remember you’ll need to run a few prints first for the ink already in the head to pass.

JasonToledo

Try the OEM Inks, if that sorts it, you have your issue. Remember you’ll need to run a few prints first for the ink already in the head to pass.
For that kind of investment I think 'll get a Epson Artisan 1430. I had a lot of issue with this printer since I got it back in 2017.

ad41061

Hi, I had the same issue when using the sawgrass print manager, this happened after an update. I now use Photoshop with an ICC profile for this printer, I have an SG800

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
How much are the aftermarket inks saving you on this thing? Even with the right inks, the ink costs per unit are about £0.07 (UK) per mug. Our mugs start at £10 (get cheaper through bulk buying) but that’s still absolutely nothing compared to the finished price.

JasonToledo

I assume you’ve uninstalled/reinstalled everything software related?
Yes. Sawgrass has been a absolute nightmare. I had a epson 1430 for doing laminated stickers and had worked excellent for that. Found out I could have turned it into a sublimation printer, sad I got rid of it.