• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Say goodby to QR codes..this is slick

Typestries

Cool! Looks like it has a lot of possibilities, and that it's ripe for acquisition and funding to go to the next level.

Locals Find!

It has potential but, its still got a long way to go to hit mainstream. Its a real pain in the rear end to code the backend just right.

Much easier for someone like me to whip out a mobile webpage in 20 minutes to 3 hours depending on content and features and point a QR code at it in the short term.

cptcorn

adad
Augmentative reality type technology is really at it's infancy right now. The bit that emerges is gimmicky at best. Soon it should blow your mind, think Termintor/Arnold vision. Especially with the easy of access to information.

signswi

There are actually Nintendo 3DS games that use basically the same tech. It's all cool stuff but I'm still not sure consumers will use it and it's out of reach for most small businesses. Think of how much it costs to hire a motion+interactive agency already...

TwoNine

Always something new - That is pretty cool though. I could see some nice applications with that and real estate signs for a virtual tour or something of the sort. Thanks for the past and info Kevin!

Locals Find!

Always something new - That is pretty cool though. I could see some nice applications with that and real estate signs for a virtual tour or something of the sort. Thanks for the past and info Kevin!

Why not run the virtual tour on a mobile website and QR Code link over to it. I do this for all my agents. If you need help I would be willing to share. Just PM me.

Kevin-shopVOX

Why not run the virtual tour on a mobile website and QR Code link over to it. I do this for all my agents. If you need help I would be willing to share. Just PM me.

The QR code is a great way...and essentially the same thing..however there is something cool about seeing the video being played right in the area that you mark as the ad. For example, I could have a signVOX ad in SDGMag then in this viewer have just that area play my demo (hahaha...one day I swear) of the software. That presentation is more WOW than the link to the video albeit the same thing.

Kevin-shopVOX

Looks like it is really hated by the reviews in the App store.

I tried it and worked fine for me with no issues and was fairly responsive. I think those reviews were a bit hasty. It literally took me 5 minutes to get it working. W hat I'm trying to figure out is how to get video links to play from any video link. However, I can see this being pretty handy at ISA as a cool thing to have for people stopping by. Hmmmm.

Locals Find!

The QR code is a great way...and essentially the same thing..however there is something cool about seeing the video being played right in the area that you mark as the ad. For example, I could have a signVOX ad in SDGMag then in this viewer have just that area play my demo (hahaha...one day I swear) of the software. That presentation is more WOW than the link to the video albeit the same thing.

I see where this might be good in print ads. However, for Real Estate signs your going to have to mark out the same area as a QR code and then hope the public is educated enough to 1. know what the heck it is 2. have the program to actually use it. 3. Actually own a smartphone. Sadly, most home buyers in the current economy don't own a smartphone and those that do don't know how to use them properly.

In 10 years maybe this will catch on but, given my experience with buyers/sellers and realtors this will be a heck of a hard sell till then.

I spend 10 hours a month just teaching Realtors how to use their smartphones to put QR codes to work. Now your going to throw something more complicated at them it just won't compute for the majority.

Pat Whatley

That's great. An i-puke app that turns newspapers (media on it's last legs) and magazines (dying media) into moving commercials because we all need more advertising in our lives.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
QR codes are just now making it to the small business market in mass, and qr codes have been around popular for what ... 4 years? While that is 'kewl' it will take a few years for major companies to pick it up, a few more years before small businesses will even think of adopting it ... and even then there will have to be a time efficient way for web designers and programmers to design out he backend for that so it will be cost effective for the consumer ... look at about 6 years before it will take off. (if ... it will take off really) Heck ... we still struggle with 75% of the USA not having 3g speed let alone the 4g or wifi prevailent enough to stream this stuff ... especially with carriers switching to max usage plans ... and just remember, 3 years ago, what were you putting on signs for web content ... think 6 years ... think a decade ago.