• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-500 buying tips

mekazilla

Hi, I'm looking at buying a used Roland SC-500. It doesn't have the heater upgrade installed. I've learned here that is quite important. It's currently running and using eco-sol inks. It had new heads last year. They're asking $6000(cad) for it.
Any advice on that price or any quirks to look for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mekazilla

yeah, apparently not too quick of a printer. We're jobbing out our digital prints to this machine anyway so I guess the price is the main factor.

mediaman

I'd stay away from an SC-500 as it is a couple of steps backward in technology. It would be like buying a used computer with Windows 98 - you may overcome the problems but some problems cannot be resolved, such as ink bond compared to the EcoMAX inks. You will have no support and/or warranty. For a few thousand more you can get a new printer with 2 years of warranty and good support (depending on the dealer you chose).
Randy

mekazilla

I checked, it's using the MAX inks. But somehow he bumped the price up to $7000 figuring we're overeager. now it's easier to say no.