• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sc-500 many many many problems advice plz

Melodie.pixel

Hello everyone

Im all out of ideas so I need your help, I own a Sc-500 for almost a year now and i already changed 4 heads 2 pumps and 1 craping station, and now have problems again with the right print-head, I do the repair myself cause i live a little far from all technician and would cost ruffly 500$ just before they see my machine so I took my brain and logic and started to fix my problems myself ...

My main problem today is this one... :( Yesterday i cleaned my heads with cleaning solution as i usualy do and probably a drop of solution sliped behind the head where the electronic board is... at first i had Black in my light colored head (light cyan, light magenta, yellow) where black should,nt be light cyan was half blocked and magenta was quarter blocked (as my test print lines shows) after that accident, neither of my printheads would print yeiks! i changed the right one, (have all my older one instock) then the Left one started printing ok but not the right, replaced with the newest one and i have a full blurr of no-colors printed

have any ideas what i should check, I have someone with electronic background who could help me checkout electornic boards if you guys think it could be ..

Thanks Melodie :thankyou:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

Getting solvent in the head circuitry can ruin the head. Another good resource is printingdigital.com

Good luck!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The head can be tested by putting it in a position that you know does work. Some printers have separate connectors for each head so all you need to do is move the wires around. Otherwise, rotate the heads through the working position. If you find the head is still not firing, then you know the head is the problem.

Melodie.pixel

I did some tests when my daughter went to bed... as parents fixing problems at work is not as quick as we would like them to be ;)
first, Sc-500 i have 6 colors, 2 heads (each one got a flat wire) 3 colors each, changed the right head with an older one i had then test~print : left black~cyan~magenta GREAT --- right Lt Cyan~LtMagenta~Yellow nothing white as snow
then Placed the right wire on the left slot on the head cariage board and left on right, the same head who was not working (right) worked missing dots in my test prints but printed some stuff (that's why i changed it a couple months ago could'nt get them unpluged) and left did'nt :s
it's not a head problem, nor wire probably the head carriage board could it be something else???

I'm getting crazy over that machine... o_O

thanks guys for your help

Melodie