• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sc-500 printing problem

signxpress

Woundering if anyone can tell me what might cause my machine to only print red no matter what colors I'm sending.
I did a test print and the only other color that shows up is yellow everything else is pinkish.

Thanks

Robert M

Sc500

Could be 4 things
bad head
bad capping station
dampers
bad pump

Could be 5, bad head board

Start with the capping station, pump, dampers

I can supply them if needed

signxpress

Thanks for responce. I did change capping station. Pump seems to be woking fine. I looked at dampers and did notice all show ink up to horizontal line except 1. the first 1 on the head closest to the control panel. What do you think.

ohbehave

Hi Robert M. I recently purchased a Roland Soljet SC-500 (with Eco-Sol Max heater conversion) in very good condition. The print quality of the black printhead has deteriorated over the last while and needs to be replaced with other related bits ie damper, wipers etc. The only two service agents in my area quoted $800 - $1000 per printhead (part# 22805318) and that does not include any other required parts, call-out fee or installation. I'm also told that both printheads need to be replaced simultaneously. Shockhorrorripoff!! So I'm after a supplier of genuine Roland printer parts at a reasonable cost? - I believe printheads can be sourced at around US$250 each. Can you help. I do have a service manual and is confident & keen to give the installation / alignment process a go.
Many thanks.

artbot

did you look to see if color had contaminated the dampers. i've booted up my printer and everything printed blue. only to notice that cyan had contaminated my yellow damper. thus tinting everything blue. when you do a print test pattern. does each color print correctly in the right position?

DRamm76

A few things here...

-Do you leave the main power of the machine on at all times? The machine has a self cleaning mode and if the main power is off, it could result in clogging up.

-If you aren't getting any color in the test prints at all, I would recommend running a few medium and manual cleanings as well as pour some cleaning solution in the capping stations and let them sit. This may need to be repeated.

-If you decide to change the capping stations, I would recommend changing the dampers out as well at the same time.

-What type of ink are you using in this machine?

sfr table hockey

A few things here...

-Do you leave the main power of the machine on at all times? The machine has a self cleaning mode and if the main power is off, it could result in clogging up.

Do you know 100% that the SC 500 will do cleanings if the main power is left on? On the CJ 500 (converted) it does not. It might be in the firmware if the SC 500 does. I might look further into flipping the one switch on the board to make the CJ turn into a SC 500.

sfr table hockey

Hi Robert M. I recently purchased a Roland Soljet SC-500 (with Eco-Sol Max heater conversion) in very good condition. The print quality of the black printhead has deteriorated over the last while and needs to be replaced with other related bits ie damper, wipers etc. The only two service agents in my area quoted $800 - $1000 per printhead (part# 22805318) and that does not include any other required parts, call-out fee or installation. I'm also told that both printheads need to be replaced simultaneously. Shockhorrorripoff!! So I'm after a supplier of genuine Roland printer parts at a reasonable cost? - I believe printheads can be sourced at around US$250 each. Can you help. I do have a service manual and is confident & keen to give the installation / alignment process a go.
Many thanks.

You might want to start a separate thread just so you get your questions cleared up and not mixed with the original post.

sfr table hockey

Now for both problems I would suggest the following.

Make 100% sure that the drain lines are not blocked. Remove the tube from each of the caps ( front side of caps) and force some cleaning liquid into the drain bottle. If you can do this then lines are clear. Second there are some clear lines that come from under the caps and go to a little rectangle box on the right side of the capping station. These lines will get plugged and should not have anything in them. You can test by blowing some air through the end that attatched to the rectangle. If you don't have a block then you are ok. If they are blocked you have to remove the caps to get that clear line cleared out.

If either of these areas are blocked then this will stop the heads from getting loaded with ink during cleanings. If they are not blocked then look at soaking the heads to unplug them. Also remember if new heads are ever put in you need to change the head rank in the printer to match the number on the side of the head or they will not fire right.