• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-500 won't take my software Color Choice II

xfusion

I installed the software I use to run the printer which is Roland Color Choice II. When I finished the installed it say "The application requires that a key be installed, but none was found". Before I can installed the software I have to put my User number and password in. Has anyone run into this? I have a old Windows XP machine I used for this setup so I know I meed Roland's requirements.

niksagkram

As far as I know, color choice will work on XP without a dongle. That's what we used before we "upgraded" to ColorRIP, which we still use on an old XP machine. No dongle required.

sfr table hockey

It's Color Choice that works with that printer not Color Choice II. (I guess I was wrong, it just needs the dongle. Thanks for the post below correcting that info)
The version that was last out was Color Choice 4.5 and it does not need a dongle and was a free download from Roland at one time but no longer supported.

Flexi 8 will run that printer as well. That has a dongle and was $$ when it was new.

Baz

Color Choice 2 is for the SC-500 as well.

But you do need a dongle for it to run.

I had an SC-500 for 10 years.

xfusion

Thank you all for the help. I'm new to this type of printer. I'm expanding from just doing vinyl cutting. I decided to get a one year sub with the flexi sign software. But I ran into another issue and I am now stuck again. I had some faded test prints when printing so I wanted to clean the heads. While reading the owner's manual I was following some steps on page 54 which I thought would clean the heads but now I'm stuck cause I don't have a cleaning cartridge and this particular step has to do with moving the unit and not what I originally thought it was for. Is there any way I could cancel this process? I powered the printer down and unplugged it from the wall but on each boot up I'm asked to secure the drip bottle and then it tries to resume the process. The proccedure is found on page 54 of the manual.

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...rvices/manuals and guides/sc-500_use_e_r1.pdf

Thanks again and I hope I'm not stuck with a huge paper weight now.