• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC 540 banding halfway

PITBULL DESIGN

I'm getting banding on only half the print. Print on the left side of the media is perfect but as you get close to the docking station for the print head, banding is horrible. I'm sure i could do unidirectional, but time is a issue....

Tried flipping the decoder strip, but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

DCaptDan

Sounds like a head/s is getting weak. I would first look at any heads that are still original in that machine. Even if they don't have a hich shot count, they can deteriorate with age.

Sticky Signs

I have the same problem on my XC540 only the banding happens on the opposite side of the capping station. I've talked to everyone about it no solution yet. We swapped the out side pinch rollers. It did have an effect on the results. now the banding is mostly in the middle of the print. Although it sucks, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully someone will have a solution and hopefully it will come sooner than later.

PITBULL DESIGN

Might be on to something with the pinch rollers now that I think about it, but I'm also starting to think the dampers are shot.

stillhasdust

it is the head, I have seen thicker bands on one side of the printer than the other and a black head replacment resolved the issue.