• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-540 Light Cyan not firing?? Please help

Sublime

Hi Guys,

I've got a problem with my printer when I do a test print.
The LC only prints half of of the colour,...

I've done all the cleaning etc and have plenty of ink, but still no luck at all?

What would cause this as its been running fine?

(See attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 75

kffernandez

if the damper looks fine. then it might also be an o-ring problem. you could replace the o-ring, or better yet - change the damper as you mentioned.

if there are no problem in the ink system, the next possible culprits would be electrical in nature. check the cables, and/or swap them out like artbot always suggests. i sure hope the problem isn't with the head board or head itself.

Sublime

Ive check all of that.. Plenty of ink.. I will change the damper to see if that helps. Do I need to bleed or just a simple replace?

Also would iy help if I pump some cleaning fluid with a syringe into the print head from where the damper connects?

kffernandez

Also would iy help if I pump some cleaning fluid with a syringe into the print head from where the damper connects?

i wouldn't recommend it. there isn't any particular reason for just half of your head to suddenly clog up. what you could do is to use a syringe to pull ink from the pumps in order to make sure that the ink is flowing nicely.

Sublime

i wouldn't recommend it. there isn't any particular reason for just half of your head to suddenly clog up. what you could do is to use a syringe to pull ink from the pumps in order to make sure that the ink is flowing nicely.

Should you be able to see ink in the tubes going to the heads?

Also now a few more have dropped completely out??
Into the the head issue?

Attachments

• IMG_3319.jpg
    IMG_3319.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74

kffernandez

lolz. common sense would dictate that since you can only see a few drops of ink on your lines - then either you have a major leak on your lines, or you are just basically out of ink. i thought you said that you already checked that?

btw, your magenta is also out of ink.

:omg2:

Sublime

Also now a few more have dropped completely out??
Into the the head issue?

Do you think it's a ink issue? Should I bleed or prime the ink?
If so where from. The tube on top of the heads or from the pump?

kffernandez

Do you think it's a ink issue? Should I bleed or prime the ink?
If so where from. The tube on top of the heads or from the pump?

please make sure that you actually have ink. after you actually do that, you can prime it. if you've had ink all this time, then there is a leak somewhere. but that is very unlikely since you're not complaining of ink being everywhere.

kelly

Sublime

lolz. common sense would dictate that since you can only see a few drops of ink on your lines - then either you have a major leak on your lines, or you are just basically out of ink. i thought you said that you already checked that?

btw, your magenta is also out of ink.

:omg2:

Yeah the all still have plenty of ink in te cartrages. So air in the lines? Hoe to I bleed or prime.

kffernandez

you can prime it by pulling ink from the pumps. but before i do that, i'd try to figure out where all the air come from first. i'd first take a look at the dampers.