• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-540 Print Issues

Happy Pixel

Hi All,

I'm trying to print some large decals and I keep getting these random lines in the print. I can do a pause and clean which works for about 20-30 inches but then it starts doing it again. My test prints are coming out clean so the head seem to be firing ok. Any idea what the problem would be?

I'm running ROLAND COLORRIP 2.0. With an SC-540.

Attachments

• p1010050y.jpg
    p1010050y.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:

sfr table hockey

Have you been able to do a test print right after the problem starts without doing any cleaning cycle?

Does the faded line quit and go back to normal on its own or do you have to stop the print and do a cleaning?

On the older Roland units there is a clear line that runs under the cap station from the caps and that clear line needs to be free from blockage. Mine has gotten ink in it and dried and blocked the line and what happen was about a couple feet into a print the color ( being used the most ) would drop out and fade off to nothing until a cleaning was done. Good for a bit and then drop out again.

Not sure if that would be your issue or not.

Also if carts are low I had heard they can cause a back draw and cause issues with the draw from the dampers.

Last is how old are the dampers?

** also you might want to re do your photo as there is a propper way to post so they are not from another site. Check the posts on adding photos.

Ragnabrok

I'd start with the surge mist sponge. If it gets really saturated, ink tends to bounce back on the heads rather than stick to the sponge, causing a buildup over time leading to banding.

Victor

Looks like it could be your feed calibration. It is in the RIP.
Are you using Versa works or colorrip?

Victor

In ColorRip, in Setup, Edit Properties,
Click on Media Options.
See Calibration
Adjust this and try a test print
Be sure to note where you move this
so you can go back if needed.

Good luck