• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-540 printheads dried up

avalon123

My printer had not been parked/stoped properly and all printheads dried up.

After a lot of cleaning etc. are all, except BLACK and MAGENTA working OK.

BLACK and MAGENTA did not print at all and are still not printing after I changed the printheads.

What can be wrong?

mark in tx

The heads are probably still clogged.

You could saturate a coffee filter with cleaning fluid and place it in between the head and capping station for 15-20 minutes, then try a cleaning cycle and test print.
repeat 2-3 times as needed.

If that still does not work, then you should probably get a technician involved.

Robert M

Print head

Try switching the flat ribbon cable from the right head to the left, see if it fires. If it is electrical, you have a bad cable or a blown fuse. I can sell you either part

stinky12

There's a great post where a technician cleared up a stubborn clog by siphoning ink from the capping station while the heads were parked (need good seal from head to capping station) then attaching a hose connected to a syringe at the bottom of the capping station where it drains (or gets pumped out) he pulled a good amount of ink through quickly to clear any clogs. I've tried this on a few occasions on my sc500 soljet (converted cj500) with great results, but am not clear if your printer is set-up this way, and if you're able to use suction at the capping station.

You will want to check that your caps are centered on the heads... look at the caps as they go up into position. If the caps are not centered on the heads your issue(s) will continue. Your local dealer can walk you through how to do an Initialization that can center your caps...its an easy thing to do and makes a huge difference...and save frustrations later. Try using a syringe to draw the ink from the cap line as the heads are capped... if it works, great, but if not...check the position.