• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sc 540

gixxer2004

Anybody have any feed back on a Roland sc 540? I found a 2004 for sale with high hrs but it had all of the heads replaced in 2011 and then they said they "winterized" it before storing it in their basement. I havent seen any test prints yet but I am interesting in hearing any feedback about the printer. How much is it worth? Are they good printers?

Thanks!

rjssigns

If you can get it for scrap price go for it. Not the same machine but I looked at a SP540 for 2K. My tech said worst case would cost my 2K to get it running perfectly. Would have been a sweet deal, but I passed. That is with 2 heads. The rig you are looking at has 6.
I would figure the cost of 6 heads, captops and dampers then subtract that from the asking price. It is like finding that brand new 50 year old car in a barn. Looks flawless, but won't make it a block IF you get it started.

gixxer2004

Thats what I was thinking. I wasnt sure if it was a 6 head unit or not. I thought they were going to tell me 3000-4000 grand but about fell over when they told me they want $11,000 for a machine built in 2004! I had a wanted ad on craigslist and this is one that replied.