• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC 545 User Question-Ink Order

Melissam2505

Can someone tell me when they do a test print, what order the colors print from left to right? I have a SC 540 changed over to a 545 and I am having a strange problem.

Melissam2505

Im not sure what the order was as a 540 because I never used it that way. I just need to know the exact order of the 545. You are right about the left being Cyan now. Im curious what else is different.

Melissam2505

Yea thats what I have to do. I have to figure out how difficult it is and how hard it will be to flush them out. I hope its not complicated because flying a roland tech out is not cheap.

CS-SignSupply

Are the cartridges in the correct marked slot in the back of the printer?? If so, you just need to change the lines/dampers from one head to the other...

Be sure to power off and unplug, then be careful removing and replacing the dampers... easy to drip ink or crap the manifold.

Melissam2505

Yes they are right in the back. I figured this out because I have had so many headaches with color so I bought an I1 Xtreme and on the color chart my cyan row starts out light magenta and my magenta row starts out light cyan. At least now I know why I have had SUCH a tough time.

I will have to do some studying on replacing dampers.

Melissam2505

Does anyone know if I need to be in service mode to swap the dampers/ink lines?
I have been searching searching for detailed instructions on doing this for my printer and can't find anything. Its not in the manual and the service manual doesn't have damper replacement instructions either. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Melissam2505,

Just make sure the printer is turned completely off and is unplugged.

Couple of tips:
- When unplugging the dampers, be sure to pull them straight up. Do not wiggle or tilt them... you will risk cracking the nipples that the dampers attach to.
- Also, be careful with flat ribbon cables that plug into the print heads... try not to pull or roughly bump them around. After the damper swap, I would take a look at the ribbon cables and make sure they are plugged in properly.

After that you can turn the printer back on and do a few medium cleans and test prints till your colors are back.

Easy as pie! :)

Melissam2505

I got my dampers switched. The first few test prints, no change. Did some cleanings. Eventually my lm gave out completely. And my lc slowly started magenta with about half the nozzles showing on the test print. I have done a zillion test prints and cleanings. My lm ( now in the right place) is coming through half way and what is supposed to me lc is only showing 7 tiny specs on the test print and they are still magenta. Would this have clogged the heads that bad.

Melissam2505

Here is a test print soon after switching the colors and what I am getting now after many other prints and cleanings.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 55
  • test4.jpg
    test4.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 52