• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC 60600 fine print

Hey Guys can anyone help on this. I'm trying to print small lables with barcode and they are not coming out clean. I make my own profiles so Im pretty confident in doing this correctly but I really dont want to try and make every profile to see what works the best. The labels are about 2 in wide and vector barcord

Our old GS 6000 would print these all the time but its currently out of commision

Onyx 12 production house
Xrite Isis
IJ 35C

Nickprints

Hey Guys can anyone help on this. I'm trying to print small lables with barcode and they are not coming out clean. I make my own profiles so Im pretty confident in doing this correctly but I really dont want to try and make every profile to see what works the best. The labels are about 2 in wide and vector barcord

Our old GS 6000 would print these all the time but its currently out of commision

Onyx 12 production house
Xrite Isis
IJ 35C

Onyx 12 production house
Xrite Isis
IJ 35C
I would Start with the IJ 35 profile for sure

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Whenever I have issues with bar codes I choose a high resolution profile, turn the motor speed to the lowest setting, and always orient the print so the lines of the bar code are always parallel with the print head path. This should clear it up if there are no other issues with the print head.

Also make sure your bi-directional alignment is spot on or just print uni-directional.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Do you have a photo of the problem?
We print barcodes every day for print/cut alignment on our 80600. Can't say that they ever look bad though.
We self profile too, from 6 pass up to 12 pass, no issues. Curious to see what you're getting.

mdjamesd

Have you tried orienting the barcodes so they are left to right? Might help with keeping the lines thinner. Have you tried running the printer using only 1 set of print heads? What about uni-directional?

When was the last time you did a printhead alignment? Couldn't hurt. I'm guessing the heat has been on in your shop, so more than likely, the air is drier than in the shop, which can make the ink dry faster.