• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC/CJ 500 FJ 42/52 old time printers (inks?)

sfr table hockey

Just wanted to start a thread about what ink brand has worked or not worked for your old Roland DX2 printers.

This may help out others who are looking to find ink that prints well in these printers. Also if profiles are needed or if regular Roland profiles work.

sfr table hockey

I used 11/10 now are (20/20) ink and they worked well in my CJ 500. I did need to make profiles to get colors right but Roland profiles printed nice, just off in color. Smell was not an issue. Slight smell when printing.

Now am using Lyson 2000 inks and so far are working ok. Not sure if they are as durable as 11/10. Smell is similar and profiles are similar. Don't have all ink switched but prints ok with mixed so far.

Find it hard to print on Oracal 3641 or LG3810 both gloss. It gets grainy and needs a lot more heat to get a reasonable print.

Cast, matte and banner media all print nice. Love Oracal 751 to print on. Even not bad with no heat and some matte are not bad with no heat.
Without heat the ink does not soak in as well and thus you can scratch the print off easier.

jonnyc

eco pro

Hi with your help and from others on this board i am running eco pro inks there from a company here in the uk called granthams very low odour and colours look good on vinyl but matte canvas is not that great i am still playing with the profiles and trc files i am very new to all this and never tried any othere 3rd party inks.