• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC Pro 1650

tgrinds

Does anyone know how to setup a job to cut random vinyl shapes using a Mutoh SC Pro 1650 cutter without have to print? I currently am using ColorGATE with Mutoh's Cut Server, but I don't think it's possible to create and cut a file without have a barcode and bounding box? I just want to load a roll of black vinyl on the cutter to cut out different dies that I'm creating in Illustrator.

Is there another software out there that might make this easier to do? Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

randya

Depends entirely on the RIP if cut only is supported.
Ask ColorGATE if cut only is supported, my guess is that is should be.

tgrinds

Hi Randy,
You can create a cut only file using ColorGATE, however, how will the cutter know where to begin cutting since there is no barcode or bounding box for guidance. How would I said the job from Cut Server (Select Go or Send Epos, or ...)? I'm confused on how the cutter will understand where to begin and end cutting.

randya

You dont need a bounding box because there is nothing to align, as there is when you print then cut.

Load your media and send file.
The SC Pro will measure the media.