• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sc500 is not turning on??

sickstyle

Hi everyone, i bought sc 500 a few months ago and im still having lot of problems with it. i couldnt deliver even 1 print to any of my customers with this printer.everyday a new problem.

Today i was trying to print a simple a2 black texts on white vinyl.in the print procces ink had ran out and i cleaned tiny tubes in capping. after cleaning i started to print again and in the mid of print i got "illegal shutdown" warning. i turned it off and on again, i sent same print to process but i saw there was no ink coming, i checked printhead, there was still ink in it. than i turned it off.after a few minutes i turned it on again, but it didnt begin. a few time taking out and in the cable than it started, i gave a try with demo print. i see no black, magenta and cyan but well yellow lc and lm. i tried to change headcables and gave a try again. but it didnt turn on again..

i see a small led on printcable board and if i insert the main power cable, this led light is going on and off all the time.

Someone has idea?

anozira02

You may have a loose or disconnected head cable on the black side of the print head, try to reinstall the head cable on the head-board and check to see if there is good connection at the print head. MAKE SURE YOU NOT ONLY TURN THE SWITCH OFF AT THE FRONT AND REAR, BUT ALSO UN PLUG THE POWER CABLE BEFORE WORKING ON ANY ELECTRICAL PARTS OR EVEN INSTALLING PRINT HEADS.. You also could have blown one of the head driver on the main-board, which can be repaired..good luck!