• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sc500 profiles - how to make or where to find 1400 dpi ecosol max

busterhenry

My Roland provided profiles for ecosol max ink on my sc500 using ColorChoice version 4.5 rip does not include any 1400 dpi profiles and those at 720 all seem to have the head height set to high. Where do I find better profiles that allow me to use this machine at its upper limits? What software do I need to produce my own profiles? Any help would be appreciated as my web searches turn up nothing on this topic.

busterhenry

Thank you for your replies. I have now gone through all of the profiles on Roland's web site. Even the ones hidden under each version of ColorRip and ColorChoice. None offer 1400. In the end I have to give up though as none of Roland's software is very good for my printer which sadly is a Roland. Pathetic that someone else makes a better program for their printer. The Roland support tech and his supervisor both told me that they no longer support ColorChoice and that it is most definitely why my printer doesn't print photos well. Anybody selling Flexi 7.5 or 7.6 or possibly Wasatch softrip? Only legit please.

busterhenry

photo of problem (shifted cyan image)

attached is a picture of what is happening, the cyan shifts to one side when color correction is turned on

Attachments

• noncorrected vs corrected.bmp
    844.2 KB · Views: 98

busterhenry

One problem solved

I have had several posts going as the problem seemed to be split. With the help of posts (many from color dude) and the acquisition of the service manual (again from folks that posted) I fixed the shifting colors. It was partly head alignment as several people guessed. It threw me off because it didn't seem to be happening on non color corrected stuff. I believe the ink was much thicker and was mixing better and hid the shifting. I continue to not be able to print at 1400 dpi as Rolands site does not have anything over 720 and continue to have speckles in my yellow (4 separate calls to Roland's tech line). They tell me that in the end it must be their software and they don't support that version anymore. If anyone knows of profiles that are for the sc500 with ecosol max at 1400 (without speckles) please post.

Thanks to all, progress has been made