• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 Connecting Issues PLEASE HELP!

PrintWorkz

I just purchased a SC-540 Pro II. I was given the Wasatch RIP software I installed the program and the Inter-ConNetTool but I cant seem to find the printer's IP address:banghead:. Its connected via ethernet cable directly to my comp. Can anyone please help me? I need this thing up and running ASAP..

Thanks

FrankW

Perhaps the Ethernetcable is of the wrong type. If connecting a PC directly to a printer you should use a crossover cable ... except you use Mac Hardware, then you could use any kind of ethernetcable

mark in tx

You can find the ip address of the printer through the menus on the machine, also you can change it there.
If you have a regular cat5 cable you have to stick a router or switch in between the computer and the printer, or get a cat5 crossover cable to go from computer directly to the printer.

PrintWorkz

Perhaps the Ethernetcable is of the wrong type. If connecting a PC directly to a printer you should use a crossover cable ... except you use Mac Hardware, then you could use any kind of ethernetcable

Yea I apologize I'm using a crossover cable but still nothing. I'm going to replace it just to rule out the fact the cable might be bad. But it was working fine with the previous owner thou. Any other possibilities??

J Hill Designs

the IP is not set correctly for your network. your computer and the printer should have the same 'first three' numbers and different 'fourth' number as the IP (ie comp 192.168.0.105, printer 192.168.0.106)

PrintWorkz

the IP is not set correctly for your network. your computer and the printer should have the same 'first three' numbers and different 'fourth' number as the IP (ie comp 192.168.0.105, printer 192.168.0.106)

Do you know of a walkthrough for a how-to setup IP address for this? Bc I honestly don't know how to:banghead:

MrSalumi

I had the exact same problem connecting my sj540 with wasatch. To be honest I dont remember the steps but if you call wasatch customer service they will call you back within a day. Michelle or Melissa (dont remember exactly) helped me get it connected and working perfectly.

Call wasatch!!

FrankW

Do you know of a walkthrough for a how-to setup IP address for this? Bc I honestly don't know how to:banghead:

With the Connect-Tool, your printer will be recognized without being in the same subnet (first three numbers), so the IP-Adress is not important. It could be that a firewall avoid the needed kind of communication. Is the green LED near the network connector at the printer permanently on?

Assuming that a firewall disturbs the communication between the computer and the printer, and the network adaptor at the computer is correctly set, an other possibility to set an IP-Adress ist the following:

On the printer, near to the network connector, is a label with a so named MAC-Adress. Note it.

On your PC, open the commandline tool (DOS-Window, don't know how it is named in english) and type in the following command:

arp -s <IP-Adress> <MAC-Adress>

For example arp -s 192.168.100.5 3d-07-54-30-df-b3

The IP-Adress needs to have the same first three groups as your computer, the last group HAVE TO BE different.

After applying that command, check the connection:

ping <IP-Adress>

For example ping 192.168.100.5

You get now replies from this command, if connection timed out something is wrong with the connection, if you get replies like "reply from 192.168.100.5: Bytes = 32 Time =3ms TTL=255" you have assigned the IP-Adress correctly and could set up the software with that IP-Adress.

You could do a web-access too: if typing http://ip-adress into a browsers adressfield, a page should pop up with information about your roland.

PrintWorkz

With the Connect-Tool, your printer will be recognized without being in the same subnet (first three numbers), so the IP-Adress is not important. It could be that a firewall avoid the needed kind of communication. Is the green LED near the network connector at the printer permanently on?

Assuming that a firewall disturbs the communication between the computer and the printer, and the network adaptor at the computer is correctly set, an other possibility to set an IP-Adress ist the following:

On the printer, near to the network connector, is a label with a so named MAC-Adress. Note it.

On your PC, open the commandline tool (DOS-Window, don't know how it is named in english) and type in the following command:

arp -s <IP-Adress> <MAC-Adress>

For example arp -s 192.168.100.5 3d-07-54-30-df-b3

The IP-Adress needs to have the same first three groups as your computer, the last group HAVE TO BE different.

After applying that command, check the connection:

ping <IP-Adress>

For example ping 192.168.100.5

You get now replies from this command, if connection timed out something is wrong with the connection, if you get replies like "reply from 192.168.100.5: Bytes = 32 Time =3ms TTL=255" you have assigned the IP-Adress correctly and could set up the software with that IP-Adress.

You could do a web-access too: if typing http://ip-adress into a browsers adressfield, a page should pop up with information about your roland.

All set Thank you gentlemen for the help
:goodpost: