• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 Factory reset

BrettKaiaua

Is it possible to do a factory reset on the SC540 so that it will go back to asking for the four cleaning cartridges that would have been required when it was first used new? If so, how do you do a factory reset? thanks.

woolly

System Parameter Initialize may be what you are looking for, not for the light hearted by the looks of it.

FrankW

Would not do that. You will loose a lot of settings including head calibrations. Should be another option to do a head wash, you can do it manually for example (doing power cleanings or pull with a syringe.

BrettKaiaua

ok thanks, yes, I'm trying to setup the printer to work only as a vinyl cutter, so I'm not worried about the printing side. I don't have cartridges and after having a couple of letdowns in trying to get some I read the service manual and thought maybe I could bypass inserting a full set of cartridges (which I don't need) by factory resetting and then I would just need four cleaning ones. But I should probably stick to plan A and get the 12 normal ones, when I get the chance.