Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC540 Factory reset

Discussion in 'Roland' started by BrettKaiaua, Jul 2, 2019.

1. BrettKaiaua

BrettKaiaua New Member

May 4, 2019
    Aucklalnd
    Is it possible to do a factory reset on the SC540 so that it will go back to asking for the four cleaning cartridges that would have been required when it was first used new? If so, how do you do a factory reset? thanks.

Tags:
  2. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    System Parameter Initialize may be what you are looking for, not for the light hearted by the looks of it.

3. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Would not do that. You will loose a lot of settings including head calibrations. Should be another option to do a head wash, you can do it manually for example (doing power cleanings or pull with a syringe.

4. BrettKaiaua

BrettKaiaua New Member

May 4, 2019
    Aucklalnd
    ok thanks, yes, I'm trying to setup the printer to work only as a vinyl cutter, so I'm not worried about the printing side. I don't have cartridges and after having a couple of letdowns in trying to get some I read the service manual and thought maybe I could bypass inserting a full set of cartridges (which I don't need) by factory resetting and then I would just need four cleaning ones. But I should probably stick to plan A and get the 12 normal ones, when I get the chance.