• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 Printing Blank after replacing Flex Cables

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi! Tech Guru

Today my SC540 printer is printing all colors except Black (totally Blank). I replaced half of the Flex cable that looked corrosive and checked carefully that cables not bend and pin looks good. I turned off sub power, main power and unplugged outlet before I reset Data Head Flex cables and triple check my work. When I turn on the machine and do a nozzle test print, now all four colors are printing blank. I opened the board covers use a multimeter to check on the Power Supply Board and ceramic fuse it’s good but I could not find any other fuses on the Main board, Servo Board or Head board to test, are there any fuses among these three board? What else I am missing or need to do after replacing Flex Cables? I need this printer running desperately. There are light on print carriage, Servo and Main boards but none on Power Supply and Head Board. Anyone have Roland SC540 parameters setting? and if its not the main board that blown then is my parameters still intact?

FrankW

Near to the connectors of the head cables on the head board, there are 3 small fuses soldered on the board, looking like that:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Roland-Main...-1000001053-/192206230745?hash=item2cc06254d9

You can measure them with a multimeter, and if neccessary replace them using a soldering iron. But be aware of the following: if you have unplugged the main power while replacing the cables, it could be that the problem which blows up the fuse could blow up new ones too. And it is possible that other components of the head board are damaged too.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Near to the connectors of the head cables on the head board, there are 3 small fuses soldered on the board, looking like that:

First of all thank greatly for your help I really appreciate it and I love tech guy. My partner trying to be smart by replacing the black flex data head cable without turning off main power and I realized that and reset all flex cable later but now all nozzles are not firing. I suspected he blew a fuse in the first place and I re-blew the rest;

1. If its not in the main board (like you said fuses on Head Board), do I lost my setting/parameters? FrankW do you have general parameter that can send to me and I can upload using peak tool...just in case
2. I have replace those fuse before that you shown me but its removable not solder
3. Are there located on Head Board? I always though its in Main Board but I will look into it now

life line Thanks Thanks Thanks

Ultraman

Ultraman

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Roland-Main...-1000001053-/192206230745?hash=item2cc06254d9

You can measure them with a multimeter, and if neccessary replace them using a soldering iron. But be aware of the following: if you have unplugged the main power while replacing the cables, it could be that the problem which blows up the fuse could blow up new ones too. And it is possible that other components of the head board are damaged too.

F2 F3 F4

FrankW

You can backup your own parameters with the peck tool.

And you wont loose the parameters if replacingg the head board (if neccessary).

Ultraman

Ultraman

Thank-you Frank. I will test the F2 F3 F4 fuses with multi meter and hopefully I will get someone to solder it for me but good to know the parameters are intact and I will upload before doing anything. Keep you posted after Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ultraman

Ultraman

Hello Frank,

I have another problem with my RE640, I changed the dampers and flush the printhead and I did wrapped the print head board with tissue paper and ink on dampers are kind mess on dampers and could hv corroded with some ink on the printhead or print carriage board and shorted the board. I turn on the sub power and it will not power up. I look at the main board fuses and it has connectivity so as the power supply board but servor board will not lit up, since fuses are good on main board what connection stop the servor from lightning up and not powering up the machine. Prior to this issue, I only remove and insert back the data head cable back to print carriage. Thanks Frank

Last edited:

FrankW

Not shure with the RE640, I have stopped supporting roland devices some years ago. I would suggest that you open a new thread with this issue to find help.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Not shure with the RE640, I have stopped supporting roland devices some years ago. I would suggest that you open a new thread with this issue to find help.

Thanks Frank the issue is taken care of for the SC540, finally got someone to solder the fuses (need to replaced the middle panel 3 transistor or it will blown again) Sigh..just worry for my RE640 now

Last edited: