Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC540 Servo Board Keeps Breaking

Discussion in 'Roland' started by VanderJ, Aug 18, 2011.

1. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I am working on an SC540 and we have gone through 3 servo boards in 3 months. The same chip keeps blowing. The same capping station error always pops up and after that the capping station motor will not move the capping station. We replaced the motor and the sensor that detects it. Anyone have an idea why the servo board keeps blowing?

Tags:
  2. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    Check your cut carriage cable and make sure it is not rubbing against any metal as it goes back and forth through its passes.

3. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I haven't checked that yet. Ill let you know if it works:thankyou:

4. Mr Gerbik

Mr Gerbik New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I agree, but would just replace it, with the guides. It's an inexpensive part, but pain in the neck to install. I've seen this part go bad and trash servo boards, as well as scan motor (if over 1000 hrs replace it), and other motors that are failing too. Gettin any errors, esp motor errors?