• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 Servo Board Keeps Breaking

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I am working on an SC540 and we have gone through 3 servo boards in 3 months. The same chip keeps blowing. The same capping station error always pops up and after that the capping station motor will not move the capping station. We replaced the motor and the sensor that detects it. Anyone have an idea why the servo board keeps blowing?

stillhasdust

Check your cut carriage cable and make sure it is not rubbing against any metal as it goes back and forth through its passes.

Mr Gerbik

Check your cut carriage cable and make sure it is not rubbing against any metal as it goes back and forth through its passes.

I agree, but would just replace it, with the guides. It's an inexpensive part, but pain in the neck to install. I've seen this part go bad and trash servo boards, as well as scan motor (if over 1000 hrs replace it), and other motors that are failing too. Gettin any errors, esp motor errors?